Pinterest made me do it.

I'm Kimberly, I've been seriously unhappy with my body for the last 5 years ever since I gained 40 lbs in college. I am here now because I have seen enough and realize that other people take control of their lives and CAN get the body they want. I'm going to do the same. I'm hoping to lose 50+ pounds, and I'd love to meet some people with similar goals to chat with. :) Hope I'm not alone.

Replies

• lgammy
    lgammy Posts: 33 Member
    You are not alone!
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    I LOVEEEEE Pinterest!! It made me get back on the bandwagon as well. Welcome, welcome =)
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Nope, not alone at all. Feel free to send a friend request. Welcome to MFP!
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    You guys are awesome! I've never been so inspired to do this. just hoping I don't lose steam. I'm counting on you all to keep me honest! ;)
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    I gained 40 pounds in college also- then I lost it all for my wedding a year and a half ago... then I gained 20 of it back (in less than a year- yikes!) Now I'm on this site to get control of my weight. I don't want to be the kind of person who bounces up and down her whole life. You can do it, I know you can. I can do it to- we all can! Best of luck to you!
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Welcome to the group. You'll find a ton of support out here! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Pinterest is one of my favorite sites as well. Looking at the fitness pins is really motivating. Best of Luck to you!
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Pinterest helped me realize what I was doing, and what I NEED to be doing. Welcome aboard, and good luck! :)
  • tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    I've gained over 100lbs since high school (four years ago) by just unhealthy eating and the death of my mother.
    It's really encouraging knowing you're not alone, and having MFP on the go, just makes a healthy lifestyle so much more manageable.
    I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
    PS- Pinterest DOES rock!
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    These forums, and this entire website really does help toward losing weight. Having people around does help to push you forward, and it feels good to help others to when they need it.
  • welcome Kimberly, I have been gone for awhile now, and just now coming back. I got discouraged and went back to eating the old way. I haven't gained any back but haven't lost any either. so come on.. lets get the 50 + off. Denise
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I LOVE pinterest, such a great site! Good luck!
  • Pinterest is the best! feel free to add me and good luck!