Baby steps...

Hi all,

I work in a shoe store where I fit running shoes and I hear from women and men how they want to lose weight. I want to be able to help them but in my current state I can't. I feel stupid giving them advise when I am clearly not succeeding in my own battle. I lost 10kg this year but due to stress and laziness I have diverted from my healthy ways. I still have a long way to go with 45kg or 99lbs to lose. Any encouragements, words of wisdom and support would be most appreciated :) I really want to succeed!

Replies

• samichip
    samichip Posts: 36 Member
    Long distance walking! Pick a scenic route you like and walk it whenever you can. It burns loads of calories, doesn't feel like much effort, and it's some really valuable 'me time' too :) I set myself goals, in the past I've walked to the London eye from my house (18 miles) so I've got something solid to aim for. Take your iPod or a friend and it's even better. I promise, the weight just falls off! Now I'm planning to walk the whole length of Britain on one go next year - over 1300 mile route!
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do x