Help!

Options
Ok so ive been on this site dead on 115days today! Pretty long but only lost 2lbs =[

Ive seemed to lost that motivation i had when i first signed up to this site!
I was addicted literally. I just dont know whats happened.

I need this motivation back as i need to get into shape i need some serious help.
Would love if you could help me?!

Send me a friend request if you think you can help me get motivated again?

Thankyou :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It's cool (& brave) that you're asking for help. If you've only lost 2 lbs in all of this time - what's the deal? Are you just not eating right? Not drinking your water? Not exercising (not that that is a requirement to lose, but it helps)? Not eating your exercise calories? All of the above? I.E., you have to figure out where you're going wrong and only you can fix it. I do believe that the friending/support of this site is beneficial as well.... I hope you can figure things out and determine if your ready to commit to yourself. Add me if you like... :flowerforyou:
  • teekathepony
    teekathepony Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like my story! Member since July, lost 0lbs! Totally lost my motivation and wasn't on the site for quite a while. I will add you, perhaps we can motivate each other?
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes, when nothing happens for a long time, it eats you alive. But since the current way of doing this is not working you'll need to try new ones. LTGPSA already had very good questions and here's some more:
    1. Are you writing down absolutely everything you eat? (fast snacks are easy to forget)
    2. Are you estimating amounts of food right? (a cheap, small kitchen scale teaches you fast)
    3. Do you overestimate exercise intensivity and counting in all breaks too?
    4. Have you been eating too little calories so your metabolism has got slower?
    5. Have you listed down the reasons why you would like to shed extra pounds?

When you find the reason behind the plateau, it's faster to fix. But anyway try new things, new sports, new exercise dvds, new routes, new routines, new foods and recipes (homecooked food is often much lighter that the one bought outside!),... Lure your friends to have a walk/jog/tennis/cycling/swim/steps climbing/... with you and make it a regular social gathering instead of meeting over just for dinner.

Today is a great day to have a fresh start! Look at all those success stories in forum with before-after pics and get inspired. They all have done it and eagerly share their secrets, let's copycat as many as necessary to find the one that works for you! My secret used to be SOUPS - what ever homecooked soup was fine; cheese, beef, chicken, salmon, veggie, mutton. I ate as much I felt like topping up with toast (and cheese), never even calculated calories and still lost weigh. Make a big portion, put half in ready portions to freezer to heat up when no time or inspiration to cook and eat the other half in next few days. Cook every time different soup, there's a lot of recipes online for rest of your life.

Have fun, don't make it too serious but stay firm:
    Patience + Persistence = Progress ***Thanks to whoever wrote this earlier today!***
  • rlwzgd
    rlwzgd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not that this helps, but you don't have too much weight to lose - which means it comes off slower... :( Which isn't cool, but how our bodies work. Make sure you are logging everything. I wasn't losing weight for the longest time and then I realized I was forgetting about the sour cream on my chili, etc. Logging before I ate avoided that and I was surprised the first day that I was waaay over my cals because of all the stupid little things I wasn't thinking about. Make sure you put in everything. And exercising definitely does help with muscle tone.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey! Really sorry you're lacking motivation, it happens to us all. Just go back to basics and remember why you're here. You CAN lose weight, everybody can but the fact you've only lost 2lbs means something's not right.

You only have quite a small amount to lose so it is going to come off slowly (I think the recommended amount to lose if you have less than a stone to go is 0.5lb a week) The days of your diary I looked at that weren't filled in I saw that you had eaten under 1200 calories and then exercising on top of that, leaving you with a net intake of around 700 calories in a day. If you are doing this regularly (limiting your calories this much) then this will almost certainly be the reason the scale won't move. Have you heard of starvation mode? The less you need to lose, the more you need to increase your calories to nearer a maintenance level. By only giving your body 700 calories on a regular basis your body will start to panic that you are not getting enough and hang on for dear life to any fat you are trying to get rid of. It's your bodies defence mechanism stopping you from starving. After a few weeks of increased calories, lots of water and physical activity your body should become more comfortable with shedding weight as it will know you are eating enough to maintain your BMR and running of you internal organs.

I know it can be a scary prospect to eat more, we all get sucked into the thinking when dieting than less food will equal better weight loss but I'm starting to see that that's not the case. Try setting your goals on here to lose 0.5lb a week, I'm eating around 1500 cals now as opposed to the 1200 when I started and although it seemed backwards at first, I am losing weight consistently and I never have to deprive myself. Worth a try maybe and see how you go.

I hope this helps!!