weigh in day and frustrated

Options
Today is my own personal "weigh in" day and I am only down .5 pounds. Started at 225 and am now at 181.2. I was consistently losing 1.5 to 2 pounds and now have stalled for the past couple of week. I am doing the same thing as always. I have read about this "plateau" issue. Can someone please educate me on what to do?

Replies

• BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    First off congratulations!
    Well done.
    I hit similar walls on my journey beginning at 262 lbs and crashing into 230 - stalled!
    All I did was change up my exercise and make adjustments in diet. My body had down regulated the effect of the exercise I was doing, so in intensity was not there, yet, I was doing the same thing.

My next wall was 211, then 200 which I broke through this morning.

Change is key! This go around I am eating more protein - twice what I was, and body fat is melting away like never before.

You have to see what you are doing, what could be changed and maybe it's time to try some new things - more intense classes or something. Have FUN, and good luck!
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    Your subject title with the word "frustrated" in it tells me that you are unhappy with today's result. Okay. Should you be? Really? Like the previous reply noted you've done exceedingly well losing more than a pound a week. Relax, let your body relax and get used to the new you. That's what it is doing, by the way. It's readjusting itself to the new smaller you. Give it time, stay the course and more pounds will be shed. One pound a week is a more realistic goal now. You're doing great. Congratulations.