a few questions

Options
well I have a few questions.....

Has anyone switched out their office chair for a stability ball? I've heard it's good for posture, abs, and legs....

also how do you go about finding the *right* gloves for heavy bag work? my land lady left us a nice heavy bag in the basement that I would like to start using but have no idea what kind, or size of glove for hand wrist protection....

any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mara

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

Has anyone switched out their office chair for a stability ball? I've heard it's good for posture, abs, and legs....

I'd like to meet the person with enough willpower to do this!
  • dakmom
    dakmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I work from home and I did try making the switch, but it really only lasted an afternoon. My ball was too big and although I think a stability ball is really good to use during exercise, it really didn't fit my needs at my desk. It was a bit hard to maneuver and after a while my back really started to ache. Guess the ball was working.....no pain, no gain. But, certainly try it because the worst that can happen is you go back to a regular office chair. Good luck!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I tried the ball, but I couldn't "scoot" up close enough to my desk to type. Not like having a chair on wheels. It also wasn't quite tall enough. However I have recently found actual ball chairs and I've been tempted to try them. They are on wheels and instead of the seat, you are on the ball. Here's an example of one with a back: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gaiam-Balance-Ball-Chair-with-Pump/17643844
  • maradanielle
    maradanielle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about the stability ball and the one main thought that keeps popping into my when I almost decide to try it is that i dance at my desk (and already look kind of silly to those that pass by my cubie) and that I may end up on the floor more than a few times. :)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I took a striking/kickboxing class -- I went to my local ****'s sporting good store and they had gloves.... size s,m,l, xl etc.... My gloves are now a bit too big since I've lost weight!! Haha.... Just go to a sporting good store and try some on -- or ask an associate for help.... The gloves I got have knuckle padding and they wrap your wrists too, so it's good on all counts! :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    A woman in my office has one and it sits in a plastic "cradle" with wheels so it's easy to maneuver.

Something like this:
    dynaflexballchairbase.jpg