Clothes are falling off whoohoo

Options
So I am down do 138 and i started at 154. i am very happy and excited, however, all of my clothes are falling off of me! at work my co-workers make comments about how i look good and how all my clothes are too big. i feel kind of like a bum, but i cannot afford a whole new wardrobe especially since i am not down to my goal weight as of yet. any cheap suggestions??

Replies

• ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I wear a belt with my pants now.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Goodwill!! I've always been a Goodwill shopper but it's been great these pasts months that I'm changing a size every 6 weeks or so. If you go the last weekend of the month, it's 50% off so shirts are $2, pants are $2.50 etc. It does take a while to look through everything but I find a lot that's new with tags. :)
  • DBRobinson13
    DBRobinson13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The Thrift Store! Never know what kind of great deals you can find there!
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    congratulations! that was the worst when that happened to me...do you know how to sew? can you take them in a little? my mom taught me how to sew when i was a kid, so i know a little about alterations...i made minor changes in mine, just so i could hold them up until i wanted to suck it up and buy new stuff! or--try finding an affordable tailor. also, since the seasons are changing, you may be able to find some cheap stuff for summer now...and layer it for winter. i live in florida, so it's a lot easier for me to say that ;-)
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, i am definately going to go to a good will store, and maybe i can talk to my tailor into giving me a discount! lol. ive been wearing a belt but it didn't not enough.
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    my girl just got michael kors jeans for 5 bucks at the salvation army yesterday! i love thrift shops and salvations is typically cheaper than goodwill! but goodwill does have a lot of tags still on them clothes, however i notice that i see a lot of stuff there priced more expensively than when i saw it discounted at target where it came from, and that annoys me!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Belts will hold your pants up but with all the bagginess you still tend to look a bit frumpy. Goodwill, Salvation Army, Savers...Basically any 2nd hand store and also if you have the time check out clearance racks at department stores. My favorite is to go into the store (like maybe Kohls) find the clothes I like and find the size that I need then go online and keep my eye out for sales and clearance. Clothing moves so quickly thru the stores that I can usually find what I want/need on clearance and sometimes with an additional percentage off.

Congrats on reaching the milestone, enjoy it.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You could get the waist taken in, but depending on just how much where (maybe legs too) it could get $$

Get a cheapy target/old navy pair