sugar

Options
What kinds of foods do you eat that are low in sugar....naturally, not talking about "versions" of sugar free food. I found it stressful enough to pay attention to calories, fat and carbs, but yesterday I added sugar to my daily totals and was horrified to find that I went over by like 88 grams! Aside from the jelly I had on my toast, I didn't really eat much yesterday that I would have thought would have had a ton of sugar....ok, I DID indulge in most of a can of pepsi, so I know that added to it, but I don't drink pop much at all anymore so I wanted to splurge.

My sugar seems good today, as long as I can find something without too much for my evening snack I shouldn't go over at all, but I am thinking I should start paying attention to it more.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    What kinds of foods do you eat that are low in sugar....naturally, not talking about "versions" of sugar free food. I found it stressful enough to pay attention to calories, fat and carbs, but yesterday I added sugar to my daily totals and was horrified to find that I went over by like 88 grams! Aside from the jelly I had on my toast, I didn't really eat much yesterday that I would have thought would have had a ton of sugar....ok, I DID indulge in most of a can of pepsi, so I know that added to it, but I don't drink pop much at all anymore so I wanted to splurge.

My sugar seems good today, as long as I can find something without too much for my evening snack I shouldn't go over at all, but I am thinking I should start paying attention to it more.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I don't pay attention to it if most of my sugars are coming from whole grain breads/pastas and fruits. I think people are suppose to eat these things, it shouldn't hurt you unless you are diabetic? Just my opinion.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    i go over on sugar everyday... so i decided to hide the icon as it annoyed me:grumble: ..

......all my sugar comes from fruit and cereal... Bllaahhh.. Its good sugar so im not gonna worry :bigsmile:

just cut out on the refined sugars and you should be ok.. obviously allowing yourself a treat once in a while :happy:

Katherine :flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    I don't pay attention to it if most of my sugars are coming from whole grain breads/pastas and fruits. I think people are suppose to eat these things, it shouldn't hurt you unless you are diabetic? Just my opinion.

Nope, not diabetic. Thanks!
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    i go over on sugar everyday... so i decided to hide the icon as it annoyed me:grumble: ..

......all my sugar comes from fruit and cereal... Bllaahhh.. Its good sugar so im not gonna worry :bigsmile:

just cut out on the refined sugars and you should be ok.. obviously allowing yourself a treat once in a while :happy:

Katherine :flowerforyou:

I just may end up hiding it again....thanks for the input!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I think the sugar count on this site is wrong. My daily intake is 24g. Thats insane and unrealistic. I dont eat junk and I go over everyday. I try to stay close to the amount but it is not practicle.