Exceptions to your diet? What about week-ends?

Options
2»

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I'm really starting to think I'm not "normal" tbh.

People say water fills you up. To me it makes me more hungry.

I can't stand peanut butter.

And to me it's far easier to keep to my eating routine on weekends. Being at work would be far harder as i eat when i get bored, which at work would be all the time! When I'm at home there's plenty to do to stop myself being bored!
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Usually I am a bit more lax on weekends than I am during the week. I still log everything I eat, even if it's over calories.
    This weekend was an example. I had a few beers Friday night at a party with some pastas and breads and last night had pizza.

I'd go crazy if I didn't allow these things every so often.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    why not just plan for the beer and the nuts? You know maybe shave off some cals from the other days and do some extra exercise to compensate?
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    why not just plan for the beer and the nuts? You know maybe shave off some cals from the other days and do some extra exercise to compensate?

This is what I do...as long as it works. As somebody said, this is a hard time of the year. I will feel more in control in January.
    There was a misunderstanding about "cheating": I log everything all the time, even a bit too much than a bit less (for example if my wife takes 15g of the peanuts pack, I consider I eat it all).

As doing sport, I am not really concerned about calories for the time being : I should eat 1980/day to lose 1lb/week and I am about 1700-1800 every day...but I spend 2000 in trainings 6 days a week. I find it quite frightening so I even try to add calories. Still I fear fat, I only want the fat available in fish but my wife forces me to eat cheese (I hardly see what else I could put on my bread anyway). I also use 1l of organic full fat milk/week as she does not like low fat milk.

I am about 25% fat (or 20, how do you measure that with precision without spending money?) and I will review my calories as soon as my fat is gone (in quite some months).

Reading all messages, I conclude that, in my case, I also need a less strict day in the week not to jump from this train...the beer and peanuts are actually my "keep on living" thing.

As many here, I am not on diet, I changed very little of my life style things: more sports, much less chocolate and no more 500g fruit yogurts between meals. I leave pistaches and cashews for receptions and that is it. All my changes are there. I tend to eat much more fruits and drink more water, that is what my body wants before or after the workouts. Not being used to eat fat for 7 years (since I met my wife), I can say that I do not digest it anymore.

Regarding my profile, does anyone know how much fat and proteins (I want my muscle to run for 2 hours, not to be too havy or look like a body builder) I should take. Would it be wise to go for a 0-5% fat, high proteins for 2 weeks? I mean does my body requires new fat intake or can he just use the stored one?
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I incorporate a weekly "free day" which allows me some give in my diet. It keeps me sane, and there is some science to validate the notion that a good feeding each week shocks your body, preventing metabolic slow down due to food intake restrictions.

And I get burgers, pizza and egg rolls...lol