What protein powder do you use

Options
I could use a boost to hit my protein goal, but I have gnc soy protein and it tastes awful. What brand do you use and where do you get it? Does it taste good in water? I usually use milk because most taste bad from what I have had with water

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I add milk to all of mine - skim is like 60 calories for 6 ounces with a little extra protein. Can't go wrong right?

I like Optimum Nutrition. Good price and a ton of flavors. I like chocolate mint best, but a big fan of mocha, malt, and toffee fudge too. I'm a chocolate fan. The vanilla ice cream flavor is really good with milk and a tablespoon of pudding mix. I get from bb.com usually. Could find cheaper if you look though :]
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I use genisoy plain flavored and mix it with the reduced calorie orange juice and a bit of frozen strawberries to give it a 'smoothie' feel. I've tried other kinds (whey, etc) and other brands, but I always go back to this one.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I add extra protein

Optimum Nutrition. Good price and a ton of flavors.

/Thread
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I get vaniIIa fIavor so I can add my own fIavors, IE peanut butter, or cookies, or fruit
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Sunshine, have you got link to where you get yours from? I assume you get it online? I just want a reliable site to get mine from!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition's Nitrocore 24 (post meal) and 100% Gold Standard Whey (supplementation snack)

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    When I use to consume protein powder I used Optimum Nutrition.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I use 100% whey Optimum Nutrition french vanilla creme. I generally mix it with milk and 1/2 frozen banana and 1T peanut butter and 1t of cocoa powder. That is delicious.

I tried it just plain with water one time and...that wasn't so delicious.

That's the only brand/flavor I've tried. I bought it on amazon.com.
  • Classalete
    Options
    I don't always consume protein powder...but when I do, I use Optimum Nutrition.

dos-equis-guy-gives-advice.jpg

Fixed.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm using muscletech, but will change soon. Don't really like it. The one I liked most so far is SixStar Isolate. I know, I'm cheap haha.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I get it here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    Could find cheaper, but ehh that is a good price and it is reliable :D

Plus free samples xD http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/freesamples.html
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options

Fixed.
    LOL.......
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    MRM whey protein
    vanilla and chocolate
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options

Fixed.
    LOL.......
    12035477.jpg
  • Classalete
    Options
    ROFL! I have outdone!

/Respect.
  • maximus3536
    Options
    I use bsn true mass with 1 scoop and 12oz 2% reducefat milk.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Bodytech Pro. It's cheap and decent, but it's naaasty.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I like the Strawberry Gladiator Protein powder from Smoothie King. It is very high in protein and I usually mix it with very cold water and shake it up for about a minute so that it's completely diluted, then drink it. The best one I've tasted so far.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I use GNC amp extreme, I like it because it has almost no carbs and since I drink it with water (chocolate) I can get that extra boost of protien when needed.. I use it post workout.. Its 60 g. protien per 3 scoops.. around 280 calories but I just do 1 scoop w/water at 90 cals. and Im good.. 20 grams right there..
  • nukie19
    Options
    I prefer vegetable based protein to keep my dairy consumption lower and I absolutely love MRM Veggie Protein - it tastes exactly like oatmeal raisin cookie dough! http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mrm/veggie-protein.html

My husband really likes the site True Protein, because you can say exactly what you do and don't want in your protein - including tons of flavor options.