Holy say what? Bra stuff...

Options
2»

Replies

• Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bra sizes are very esoteric. Like you, I checked my size on a website and they made me a size that doesn't exist in shops - 40B or something. After a proper fitting in a department store, it turns out I'm a 36DD or 36E (UK sizes). I was 38D before I lost weight!

Get measured up by a professional :smile:

Yup, get measured, don't do it yourself xx
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Ummm... so I have been a 36D-38DD since having children.... I have noticed since losing weight my bras and just not holding the girls like they used to.... I took my measurements... and used this site.. http://www.lindasonline.com/bra-fitting-calculator.html....

according to them I am now a size 30 DDD...... or a 30F.... ummmm crazy! That is a huge cup size.... Could they be wrong? I guess I need to go try on the bras...
    I just did search at my favorite stores... and they dont even carry a 30 Band size. ugh

thanks for the website info... apparently I am wearing the right size bra... (which I just got recently on my own)
    I was like HUH how comphy is this one lol at a 44DD

when I was pregnant with my son 12 years ago I was up to a 48G
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I did my own measurments according to some website and it said I was a 36 B which is so wrong! I have a 38B for lingeire and that is the only time I wear it because my boobs explode out of the top of them! I have always wore a 36D and I went to victoria secret and the lady there told me a 36 D. The best bras I have found are actually from walmart. I think the brand is sweet nothings push up strapless. I did not want to pay $50+ for a bra so I just got a few of the ones from walmart and they fit perfectly and they are the only brand and style that fit that good. As for victoria secret, my hubby bought me two bra and panty sets when we went on black friday, I got a 36D in the very sexy and the miracalous bras and they fit pretty good and make my boobs look a lot better because they are actually up where they are supposed to be. I tend to find that regular cut bras don't fit as well as strapless bras or bras with a deep plunge. If you have doubts go get fitted for one.
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have to drive about 30 minutes, it might be a little more, to go get fitted and get bras. BUT I was wearing the wrong size, this was years ago. It is best to just have the ladies there do the measuring and fitting. I can always order online after that. Well as long as I don't keep dropping sizes which I am doing.

Good luck.
  • 4afitCarey
    Options
    This is what happened to me! I lost 3 cups sizes first, then my band sized decreased and pushed me back up a full cup size.