Question about JM 30 Day Shred.

Options
HI! I've been working out at least 1 hr/5-6 days a week for the past 5 weeks. I'm seeing results but I'd like to add the 30 day shred to my workouts. Do you think that it's okay to add this in the evening after my workouts or would that be too much for someone newer to working out? I use really good form and body mechanics ( I work in PT) so that's not a problem. What do you guys think?
-Randi

Replies

• rlhunsucker
    rlhunsucker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My exercise diary is public if anyone wants to check it out and see if I should eliminate something. . except Zumba. I refuse to stop Zumba! :)
  • DeeKay2169
    DeeKay2169 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You should add it. You may not lose lbs but you WILL lose inches. They have modification moves for newbie’s. I would try to push yourself on day 5 of each level.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Oh definitely. I started the 30DS without previously doing ANY exercise. It's definitely helping me with my endurance, I've lost 5 pounds in the last 10 days, and it's something to add to my 3x/week Zumba sessions.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I would add it! I was not a person who ever exercised on a regular basis. I started zumba over the summer (3x a week) and I added the 30 DS in October. I have now finished and am half way through Ripped in 30. I have a wonderful love/hate relationship with Jillian Michaels.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I do 30DS every other day (I'm too sore if I do it everyday!), I run 3 miles 5x week and I do Zumba on the days I don't do 30DS. I would say that you can add it without dumping something else to start and see how you feel. Listen to your body.
  • queenkb
    Options
    You and others have motivated me to consider JM and I'll take it all inches, lbs, 1/2 lbs..I just need my body to IMPROVE!
  • queenkb
    Options
    Oh and I agree there is NO TAKING AWAY MY ZZZZUUUUUMMMMBBBAAA! : )
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I did it on top of gym workouts weight training and cardio, it was great. but i have worked out for 20 years! its only a 20 min workout I'd do it but don't be too hard on yourself listen to your body if your'e too tired don't do it. Its brilliant for results. I think for someone not used to working out all that much 30DS and a zumba class once a week would probably be ample with the right diet to get great results.
    remember its designed just to do for 30 days anyway.
  • rlhunsucker
    rlhunsucker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! I did day 1 today after Zumba and I feel great. Hopefully I won't be hurting too badly tomorrow. I have an intervals class tomorrow (which will be more than enough exercise for the day) but I'm gonna pick it back up on Friday. You guys rock! :)