Before I was a mum....

Options
nakabi
nakabi Posts: 589 Member
Before I was a mum, I never knew just how much I could really love. Is there anything more precious than hearing your child say to you "wuv you mommy" for the first time while they give you a big hug and sloppy kiss?

What did you not know until you became a mum?

Replies

• messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Exactly the same things as you. I never new I could love someone more then life itself. And when he was born I thought I new all the love in the world. And today 2.5 years later I know even more love then I knew then. I swear I love him more everyday. I looked at parenting as a huge sacrifice, crying babies, no more girls nights out, a huge cost. And it is all that and more. But I love it. I'd give up anything to watch my beautiful little man grow and I don't miss any of it.

P.S your little one is adorable:)
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Congrats. Being a mom was the best thing I have ever done. I am so grateful for that blessing. Now, if I could only be a grandma :huh:
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i too feel the same way..never thought that i could love someone more then i could love my mom and dad...my son is 11 yeas old...

ur lil one is adorable...omg.... :-)
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Not fair that you put this out for must mothers so I am jumping in!

The love thing I would hope is for every parent. I did not know how protective I could be.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    didn't know how protective I could be
    Had no idea who the wiggles were
    Couldn't sing the theme song to Iron Man
    Took sick days only when hungover, not because kids were sick
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Same goes for being a dad!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I never thought that, even though I'm with my kids most of the day, that I'd miss them almost as soon as they go to sleep at night.

(Also never thought I'd become a pro at building with lincoln logs and legos, or that I'd know all the Power Rangers names and colors.... )
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I never thought that, even though I'm with my kids most of the day, that I'd miss them almost as soon as they go to sleep at night.

(Also never thought I'd become a pro at building with lincoln logs and legos, or that I'd know all the Power Rangers names and colors.... )

Psssh, I know all of the Disney Princesses now!
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Before I was a mom I never knew that I could be so frustrated with my son, work, husband or whatever else and one little "mama!" and a hug could erase all that frustration . . . simply the best part of my day!!

Before I was a mom I never understood the power behind a mom's (or dad's) threat . . . . "don't you f***ing touch my child!"
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I never knew how amazing it could feel to be up in the middle of the night...tired...and look down at your 7 month old to find her staring at you like you're the most wonderful thing she's ever seen. It's so cool that even though she can't talk (just mama, dada, papa, baba, and will imitate "i love you" with "i-lah") ...I know exactly what she's saying.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

and I bet you invite them to tea!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options

Hahaha!! I don't know most of the Disney princesses :( But, I can hold my own in a lightsaber battle... I could take you.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Same goes for being a dad!
  • nakabi
    Options

and I bet you invite them to tea!

of course!!!!
  • nakabi
    Options
    Exactly the same things as you. I never new I could love someone more then life itself. And when he was born I thought I new all the love in the world. And today 2.5 years later I know even more love then I knew then. I swear I love him more everyday. I looked at parenting as a huge sacrifice, crying babies, no more girls nights out, a huge cost. And it is all that and more. But I love it. I'd give up anything to watch my beautiful little man grow and I don't miss any of it.

P.S your little one is adorable:)

thank you very much! she and her brother (turned 2 in Sept) are the sweetest babies!!!!
  • nakabi
    Options
    I never knew how amazing it could feel to be up in the middle of the night...tired...and look down at your 7 month old to find her staring at you like you're the most wonderful thing she's ever seen. It's so cool that even though she can't talk (just mama, dada, papa, baba, and will imitate "i love you" with "i-lah") ...I know exactly what she's saying.

I love those moments! makes all those sleepless nights so worth it!!!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what "tired" really felt like! I thought I did. I was WRONG!
    How my heart would melt every time I saw her learning and doing new things.
    That a fever could cause me to nearly faint with worry.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I didn't know what "tired" really felt like! I thought I did. I was WRONG!
    How my heart would melt every time I saw her learning and doing new things.
    That a fever could cause me to nearly faint with worry.
    \

well said..
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Before I became a Mom, I had no idea that my potty dance could rival any 4 year old. My children always have something very important to say whenever I have to pee.

I didn't know that Mommy Tantrums should only be had if your wearing shoes, otherwise you might end up with a broken foot.

I didn't realize how grateful I would be for an uninterrupted shower.

I didn't know how precious sight was until my daughter's was lacking.

I had no idea how hard I would fight for something until my child needed help.

I didn't know how I would cling to my "baby" unitl I knew he was my last.

Never take footie jammies for granted, before you know it they'll be gone.