Your experience with weight loss

Options
Hey everyone! So, I just finished my 4th week with MFP, and I’ve lost 14 pounds, which includes the .8 I gained last week for some unknown reason. I lost 12.6 of those pounds in the first 2 weeks. The fact that my weight loss has slowed down so much, so early in my weight loss journey is very frustrating. I must admit, though…patience when it comes to weight loss is not my strong suit. It’s just that I’ve been SO good. I’ve met my calorie goal that MFP sets for me every day…even Thanksgiving Day! I exercise almost every day for about 20 minutes. (I know that’s not very long. I plan to increase the intensity of my workouts this week.)

I like to read forum posts, especially the success stories. There are a lot of people on here who’ve dropped A LOT of weight VERY quickly, and I can’t help but wonder if these people are following MFP to the tee. (I’m not saying either way is good or bad). It just makes me wonder if others are using other weight loss techniques to take the weight off. It will be helpful to me when mentally setting weight loss expectations for myself. When I see how much and how quickly others are taking it off, the fact that I’ve only lost 1.2 in the last two weeks, when I’ve pretty much only begun this process, is extremely disappointing. I could see if I was a few months in, but not 3 and 4 weeks in. (FYI...I have a lot of weight to lose. My ticker lists my goal at 26 pounds, but that's just my first goal.)

SO...I’d love to hear from those of you who’ve had success…especially those of you who have lost a lot of weight. Did you follow MFP to a tee (i.e. coming in almost even with the calorie goal it set for you) or did you use other techniques as well? I’ve seen a lot of posts about calorie zig zagging, intermittent fasting, etc.

Like I said, I’m not saying sticking to MFP or not sticking to it is right or wrong. I’m just curious to know what others are doing.

Thanks for your input! :happy:

Replies

• luvtrails
    luvtrails Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

12 pounds in two weeks is pretty extreme, so maybe you have set unrealistic expectations for yourself. Two pounds a week is a better goal, and, of course, we all plateau at times. Remember, if your intake is too low, you body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism slows down. Think of stoking a fire with logs...once the logs are gone, the fire goes out. Any burn needs fuel...

Try to be patient. How long did it take to gain the weight? It will take more time than you wnat to loose it as well, but look at al the sucess stories!!!!

Great luck!