Help!! I work around food!!

Options
soooo I always said I would never work around food.. however I ended getting a job at a hotel as a food prep.. its not forever .. the people are great .. the food is always TEMPTING and ohhh Ive gained weight .. Iv been trying to find a more active job..no luck so far.. Anyone out there have advice on working around food?? Thanks :)

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    sew your mouth shut?

or alternately, bring a toothbrush and toothpaste to work and brush your teeth a few times a day, the minty flavor in your mouth will make you not want to eat anything. And if you do try something, it will taste icky, so you don't be tempted to eat more than one bite.
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    My advice would be to make sure you always have a plan with regard to what you are going to eat on the days you work. Also, don't even start with making it okay to have a "little nibble of this" or a "bite of that" from the food that you prep. If you do, it will be really hard to stop. We always have treats at work, not the least of which is a constantly filled candy bowl on my boss' desk. I don't eat any because a few M&Ms always turns into a few handfuls and then I'm completely out of control. It's easier for me to be black and white about it.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    If you're allowed to chew gum while prepping food that would help you avoid putting food into your mouth.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    If you're allowed to chew gum while prepping food that would help you avoid putting food into your mouth.
  • tracy287
    Options
    Why dont you bring healthy snacks with you to work, bags of carrots, yogurt, cheese sticks, fruit, almonds, pack them the night before in ziploc bags or plastic containers. That's what I do at work so when I'm hungry I eat my healthy snacks not the crap.
  • tracy287
    Options
    Why dont you bring healthy snacks with you to work, bags of carrots, yogurt, cheese sticks, fruit, almonds, pack them the night before in ziploc bags or plastic containers. That's what I do at work so when I'm hungry I eat my healthy snacks not the crap.