Help! I am stuck in a rut!

Options
I am getting so frustrated I seem to have hit a plateau....I have worked my butt of for the last 3 weeks and the darn scale just will not budge! I eat well, log my calories and workout 2-3 days a week (I would work out more but it's finals week at school). I really wanted to lose 5 lbs before the end of the year but I haven't even lost 1 yet! It's killing me. Does anyone have any suggestions for jump-starting weight loss? Thanks!

Replies

• JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    If you have measured yourself along the way at all, i would re-measure and see the difference. Even tho the scale hasn't moved, I can guarantee you that you have lost inches instead. Otherwise, keep plugging along, play with your calorie intake some too. Up it in goals, it can be amazing to see what happens when you feed your body a little more fuel. We get more efficient as we lose weight...
  • AmyO78
    Options
    I had the same problem for about a month. I upped my protein (especially at breakfast time) and WOW did it ever do the trick! Three and half weeks later I'm still losing consistently!

Good luck!!!!!
  • jocraw66
    Options
    I just looked at your food diary and you are eating far too few calories.
    I caution you against not feeding yourself the proper amount of nourishment. Eating under 1200 calories is not healthy nor is it going to help you in the long term in keeping weight off once you lose it.
    Increase your calories so that you are consistantly eating AT LEAST 1200 calories. I personally think based on your activity level and your age that you can eat even more than that and lose.

Good luck.
  • jlmelton0509
    jlmelton0509 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know I'm like the last to post on this (LOL) but the one thing that has gotten me back on track is changing up the type of workout I was doing. You know I can't make it to a gym, so I'm trying out all these different DVD's at home. Also, I'm with Jo on your calorie intake. As busy as you are, you have to make sure to give your body enough fuel! Good luck with Finals!! :)