1,870 Calories daily??

Options

Replies

• tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Is it something physical that's stopping you from exercising until you get Zumba?

There's a ton of great exercises you can do for free at home with no equipment while you're waiting to get Zumba.

Nothing physical. Just moved into my Grandparents house and we're in the process of building my room on. So, EVERYTHING is in storage. No dvd's, dvd player, tv etc. I am use to walking and doing Zumba but its freezing right now and Zumba isn't an option at the moment.

You can do stuff without dvds too! :)

Jumping jacks
    Jump rope
    Burpees
    Star Jumps
    Push ups
    Lunges
    Squats
    Planks
    Butt Kicks
    Knee Tuck Jumps
    Knee Ups
    Put on some music and just dance however you want
    Even run in place or clean thoroughly lol Any movement is better than none!
    If you have stairs in the new place, go up and down the stairs.
    I'm sure there are tons more, this is just what I have off the top of my head.

Also, you can look up workouts on youtube, if you have access to a computer at home.

But not having zumba yet shouldn't be an excuse to not start! =)
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What she said^^

And put a warm coat on and go for a walk. You are making excuses.
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    What she said^^

No, I'm not making excuses. I just said that. I WANT to exercise. I've been exercising since August. Why would I suddenly want to stop after losing almost 20 lbs and feeling better?
  • kk0223
    Options
    Is it something physical that's stopping you from exercising until you get Zumba?

There's a ton of great exercises you can do for free at home with no equipment while you're waiting to get Zumba.

Nothing physical. Just moved into my Grandparents house and we're in the process of building my room on. So, EVERYTHING is in storage. No dvd's, dvd player, tv etc. I am use to walking and doing Zumba but its freezing right now and Zumba isn't an option at the moment.

You can do stuff without dvds too! :)

Jumping jacks
    Jump rope
    Burpees
    Star Jumps
    Push ups
    Lunges
    Squats
    Planks
    Butt Kicks
    Knee Tuck Jumps
    Knee Ups
    Put on some music and just dance however you want
    Even run in place or clean thoroughly lol Any movement is better than none!
    If you have stairs in the new place, go up and down the stairs.
    I'm sure there are tons more, this is just what I have off the top of my head.

Also, you can look up workouts on youtube, if you have access to a computer at home.

But not having zumba yet shouldn't be an excuse to not start! =)

I will start doing those things. Thanks! I'm so use to just going with videos or walking. Thanks, again. :)
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    What she said^^

No, I'm not making excuses. I just said that. I WANT to exercise. I've been exercising since August. Why would I suddenly want to stop after losing almost 20 lbs and feeling better?

Only YOU know what's best for you, hun. :) Don't let anyone try to force you into something you don't want to do. If you don't want to do those other exercises, don't. You've been doing good and have lost 20 lbs so far, so you obviously know what to do to get to where you need to be! I wish you the best of luck! :D Let me know how the Zumba goes (been wanting to try that out for a while). :flowerforyou:
  • kk0223
    Options
    With PCOS and a lot to lose, I might suggest a higher deficit. Why not up your goal to 2 lbs/week and see what happens.

I will try that and see what happens. I'll mess around with it. Thanks!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Really because it's cold?
    Your profile says you are desperate and "on a mission" do not let the cold get in your way! It was freezing here in Austin too this morning, but you couldn't throw a rock without hitting someone training for the marathon. My Crossfit class had about thirty people all bundled up working out outside, it was 23 degrees.

We know you can do it, you know you can do it! So get outside and walk. If you're too cold, run!

And I just checked the weather in your city, it's 42 degrees. Keep up the good work and GO!
  • kk0223
    Options
    What she said^^

Only YOU know what's best for you, hun. :) Don't let anyone try to force you into something you don't want to do. If you don't want to exercise, don't. You've been doing good and have lost 20 lbs so far, so you obviously know what to do to get to where you need to be! I wish you the best of luck! :D Let me know how the Zumba goes (been wanting to try that out for a while). :flowerforyou:

Yeah, I can't stand it when people are rude about it. I'm sorry. I will be nice until someone sounds rude to me. But, I will start getting up and doing my own exercises. I prefer videos and someone more or less telling me what to do cause I feel like it's guiding me better than I can myself.

Zumba is fun. I have been doing it a month or so now and have lost inches big time. It's a lot of fun. You should try it!
  • kk0223
    Options
    Your profile says you are desperate and "on a mission" do not let the cold get in your way! It was freezing here in Austin too this morning, but you couldn't throw a rock without hitting someone training for the marathon. My Crossfit class had about thirty people all bundled up working out outside, it was 23 degrees.

We know you can do it, you know you can do it! So get outside and walk. If you're too cold, run!

And I just checked the weather in your city, it's 42 degrees. Keep up the good work and GO!

30 Degrees at night SUCKS. lol But, I will suck it up and have to walk in it if I want to lose, huh? Thanks for the motivation. :)
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat all of it.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    What she said^^

Only YOU know what's best for you, hun. :) Don't let anyone try to force you into something you don't want to do. If you don't want to exercise, don't. You've been doing good and have lost 20 lbs so far, so you obviously know what to do to get to where you need to be! I wish you the best of luck! :D Let me know how the Zumba goes (been wanting to try that out for a while). :flowerforyou:

Yeah, I can't stand it when people are rude about it. I'm sorry. I will be nice until someone sounds rude to me. But, I will start getting up and doing my own exercises. I prefer videos and someone more or less telling me what to do cause I feel like it's guiding me better than I can myself.

Zumba is fun. I have been doing it a month or so now and have lost inches big time. It's a lot of fun. You should try it!

Yeah, I know what you mean. Makes me a little crazy when people try to push their own way of doing things on someone else. We all take time to figure out what works for US. They probably shouldn't try to push their own brand of regimen on others. That's my philosophy anyway. :D
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I agree keep moving! go on walks or get light weights but keep moving!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    You don't have to starve or eat very little to lose weight :flowerforyou: enjoy the calories!

This! I average 2,000 cals a day before exercise and have managed to lose 80 lbs. You have to fuel yourself.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I wasn't trying to 'force' any way or regimen on you. I guess I saw your determination prior to this and just wondered why something so simple would derail you... I guess, too, living in a VERY cold place, I would be inside for 6 months of the year if I pulled the 'cold card'!!

I was abrupt--I apologize.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

30 Degrees at night SUCKS. lol But, I will suck it up and have to walk in it if I want to lose, huh? Thanks for the motivation. :)

It sucks! It's no fun at 5 am either. I HATE the cold. HATE HATE HATE. But this is what we do right? Listen, the most important part of this is not letting that obstacle get in your way. Find a way around to do what you need to do to accomplish your mission and get healthy. This is exercise for your brain too. Reprogramming. The old you would stay inside, the new you will break down doors, know what I mean? Good luck!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    When you have more weight to lose, you can eat more food than some other people and still lose weight. It's all about the deficit as compared to what your body would require in order to remain at the same weight. *As long as* you have your activity level set correctly, MFP gives you a number that will get the job done. If you're not going to be doing much of any activity at all, be sure it's set to 'sedentary'. B/c if you're not doing much during the day but your activity level is set at 'active', then MFP would be giving you more calories than your body actually needs on a daily basis. So really analyze how much activity you do during the day when you set that level. And if you stick to your goal for a couple of weeks and do not see the results you would expect with sticking to the plan, reconsider your activity level and possibly change it if you're not seeing the results you would expect.

My first month or two included no real exercise other than cleaning my house, I just ate my calorie goal and watched the weight fall off (average of 1 lb every 4 days in the beginning). You do not HAVE to exercise to lose weight, you just have to have a calorie deficit. That being said, starting an exercise routine as soon as you are able will help your body look better as it gets smaller than it would if you simply dieted the entire time. :-)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I would eat as many calories as I could! Just make sure you are eating healthy calorie dense food. See what happens in a couple of weeks and if you don't like the changes (or there are none) then you can try lowering your calories.

I wasn't feeling up to exercise one day, but I just put on my i-pod and did random moves from different workout dvds for 25 minutes. I burned just as many calories as I would if I did a dvd, and it went by super fast because I was just going with the music. Hopefully you will get settled in soon!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone, and a netflix account, you can watch a few of the 10 minute exercise videos or other exercise videos on your phone while you wait for your DVDs.
    I've done that a bunch on vacation, in a hotel room, just trying to get a tiny workout in before we head out for a day of craziness.
    Personally, I've also done squats, lifted cans, done pushups, etc. just to do a bit of exercise when I haven't been able to go for a run like usual.
    Good luck!
  • kk0223
    Options
    I wasn't trying to 'force' any way or regimen on you. I guess I saw your determination prior to this and just wondered why something so simple would derail you... I guess, too, living in a VERY cold place, I would be inside for 6 months of the year if I pulled the 'cold card'!!

I was abrupt--I apologize.

I am determined. I do have PCOS and it sucks trying to lose weight when its a little tougher and as soon as I eat bad or stop working out I gain it seems. So, I ask as many questions as possible to try and learn.

The 1800 cals just seemed like a lot but I'll try it and I will get exercise in. It's making me crazy not exercising actually. Thanks for your advice, though.
  • kk0223
    Options
    When you have more weight to lose, you can eat more food than some other people and still lose weight. It's all about the deficit as compared to what your body would require in order to remain at the same weight. *As long as* you have your activity level set correctly, MFP gives you a number that will get the job done. If you're not going to be doing much of any activity at all, be sure it's set to 'sedentary'. B/c if you're not doing much during the day but your activity level is set at 'active', then MFP would be giving you more calories than your body actually needs on a daily basis. So really analyze how much activity you do during the day when you set that level. And if you stick to your goal for a couple of weeks and do not see the results you would expect with sticking to the plan, reconsider your activity level and possibly change it if you're not seeing the results you would expect.

My first month or two included no real exercise other than cleaning my house, I just ate my calorie goal and watched the weight fall off (average of 1 lb every 4 days in the beginning). You do not HAVE to exercise to lose weight, you just have to have a calorie deficit. That being said, starting an exercise routine as soon as you are able will help your body look better as it gets smaller than it would if you simply dieted the entire time. :-)

Yeah, for the time being-I have it set to sedentary and no exercise being done. Then it said 1870. So, I'll stick to around 1800 I guess! Thanks! :)