Bootcamp weight gain?

Options
Hello, I need some advice. I have lost 42lbs since July and hit a plateau. I joined a 7 week bootcamp hoping that would help. I go 4 days a week. The first two weeks I only lost 2 lbs but I gained back the 2 lbs in the 3rd week!!!!!. I have lost inches every where except my stomach which has gotten bigger! I weigh 229 and keep my calories around 1500 a day When I exercise. I am so very frustrated. This is when I start to self sabotage. My trainer is going to put me on some crazy restrictive diet. That freaks me out. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have lost inches every where except my stomach which has gotten bigger
    pregnancy test? :L
  • Journey2Myself
    Options
    I do bootcamp and my trainer told me NOT to weigh myself due to this reason.. she said because it is so intense I may lose inches but gain weight or not see any losses.. she doesn't want me getting discouraged so she said to just weigh myself once a month..

She told me to eat MINIMUM 1200 cals on my days off and to make sure I eat at least 1700 or so on the workout days because I burn 800-900 cals
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein? I gained when I first started lifting weights, but I was losing inches as well. Also, are you really sore after the workouts? A lot of it could be water retention, as your muscles retain water when they're trying to rebuild after a tough workout. Last thing, do you have proper form on your ab exercises? Also, remember, your trouble spots tend to be the last to go in any weight loss situation, at least this has been my experience with it. I carry weight around my middle anyway, so it's hardest for me to lose there. I'm not sure if this is the case for you or not.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    my mentor told me not to take weight scale or caliper test seriously that i would know because of the inches lost. like the fact my waist is getting to small to fit my size 32 pants. so it's posible your putting on muscles and they say it weighs the same as fat at least thats what you read on here
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Bloated?
    Did you use weight for your abs workout. Muscle may build underneath the stomach fat also.