calories?!?!

Options
so my scale has gone up n down up n down up n down all within 167-170 for a while now :/ could i be eating too few calories at 1300. during thanksgiving and after for almost a week i ate like a crazy person and didnt care about my calories and i know i went over every day. . . . and i lost 3 lbs. . . do i need to set my goals to .5 lbs instead of the recommended 1 in order to get my scale to move?!?! im trying soooo hard and gettin nothing out of it :/ thx in advance :)

Replies

• IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Your food diary doesn't look too well balanced nutritionally. You should go on the USDA website and actually look up the full nutritional value of what you're eating to make sure you're meeting all your needs. You're not getting enough protein some days, and I'd have to calculate things like iron, calcium, thiamine and riboflavin. If your body doesn't have ALL the nutrients it needs, it can't make anything with it except fat.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    It depends on how active you are, how much weight you've already lost, and how much you have left to lose. I think 1300 is pretty low for MOST people...how about trying 1600-1800 for a good 2-3 weeks and seeing how your body responds..you definitely shouldn't gain on that amount so it's worth a shot!
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    so my scale has gone up n down up n down up n down all within 167-170 for a while now :/ could i be eating too few calories at 1300. during thanksgiving and after for almost a week i ate like a crazy person and didnt care about my calories and i know i went over every day. . . . and i lost 3 lbs. . . do i need to set my goals to .5 lbs instead of the recommended 1 in order to get my scale to move?!?! im trying soooo hard and gettin nothing out of it :/ thx in advance :)

Your 3 lbs loss may have been because you raised your calorie intake for a small period. I know this is recommended as a way to get past plateaus. Not entirely sure of the science behind it, but apparently it works really well.