Take a look at my diary for today please

Options
Can someone take a look at my diary and let me know what you think? Be brutally honest. I'm trying to get more protein in (as of today). Also want to add that I know I haven't got all my Is there anything else I need to change? I know I'm struggling to get all my calories in. I think I'm getting too caught up on macros rather than getting all my calories in for the day. I'm also concerned that I'm not getting accurate calorie burn for my workouts as I rely solely on MFP until I get my HRM @ Christmas.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    Anyone?
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I think it looks pretty good - just under on your cals but good food and good macros. I'd be happy if it was mine :smile:
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I thought it looked pretty good- I love chicken!!
  • trenley
    trenley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Everything looks great, although I would suggest increasing your water intake even more. I thought I was drinking enough at 8 cups a day, but when I started working out more I got dehydrated. My acupuncturist sent me this link: http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm that easily tells you how much you should drink depending on activity/height/weight etc.

Keep it up, you're doing fantastic!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    actually your diary looks really good ;) maybe that's why not any responses!
  • lml1042
    Options
    Everything looks great, although I would suggest increasing your water intake even more. I thought I was drinking enough at 8 cups a day, but when I started working out more I got dehydrated. My acupuncturist sent me this link: http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm that easily tells you how much you should drink depending on activity/height/weight etc.

Keep it up, you're doing fantastic!

Whoops! I forgot to add the rest of my water in for the day. I usually drink a gallon a day (just finished it off actually). :) Thanks for the reminder.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm not a expert and by no means do I consider myself a "clean" eater but your diary looks great!
  • lml1042
    Options
    Yay! Thank you. I've been working on eating better and upping my protein.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It looks fantastic to me! way to go!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Looks pretty clean, the only suggestion is if you are burning that many calories, you should your intake but I know I am jealous (damn that candy and my sweet tooth)
  • lml1042
    Options
    Looks pretty clean, the only suggestion is if you are burning that many calories, you should your intake but I know I am jealous (damn that candy and my sweet tooth)

I know I need to eat more, but I'm just not hungry unfortunately. It's crazy how much healthy food you get for way less calories. I'll work on eating a bit more though.

And I'm w/ you on the candy. I only allow myself to have some once a week.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

I know I need to eat more, but I'm just not hungry unfortunately. It's crazy how much healthy food you get for way less calories. I'll work on eating a bit more though.

And I'm w/ you on the candy. I only allow myself to have some once a week.

There are tricks to get more calories; eat nuts, avocado, peanut butter (i had a friend who would just stick spoon in and eat some every day) and cooking in olive oil. All those are good ways to get calories and not eat large amounts of food.
  • Cmg7664
    Options
    Some great suggestions.....I struggle with water on a daily babsis. It is hard as I am in sales and on the road all day. I just did the little quiz that someone posted and was shocked at amount I should have. Time to go get another bottle....thanks all!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think your diary looks real good. Kudos on keeping the sodium in check. (that's my nemesis:grumble: )

I agree with you that you are undereating quite often. I don't see any dairy in there. Are you avoiding it on purpose? Maybe you could add a slice of cheese to your egg or throw in some yogurt or cheese sticks. All good sources of calcium, protien and calories, without adding another meal.

You are doing awesome!!! 50lbs, way to go!!!
  • lml1042
    Options
    I think your diary looks real good. Kudos on keeping the sodium in check. (that's my nemesis:grumble: )

I agree with you that you are undereating quite often. I don't see any dairy in there. Are you avoiding it on purpose? Maybe you could add a slice of cheese to your egg or throw in some yogurt or cheese sticks. All good sources of calcium, protien and calories, without adding another meal.

You are doing awesome!!! 50lbs, way to go!!!

I eat a little dairy, but it upsets my stomach if I eat too much. I did eat some laughing cow cheese at lunch, but that's about it for dairy. I'll try to find a way to add some more.

Going to try to increase my calories a bit. Lost almost 3lbs this week! :happy: Sodium was a big issue for me. I'm trying to keep it under 1,500, but I struggled with that everyday BUT yesterday.

Oh, and I think everyone is reading my signature wrong lol. I have 50lbs to go, have only lost almost 10lbs (only been at this for 3 weeks). Going to change it....

Thank you for all your kind words and suggestions!
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    looks good in my opinion, looks like you have a variety of foods which is always good.