Anyone over 40?????

Options

Replies

• Frazzlenz
    Frazzlenz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 42. Feel free to add me too :)
  • carly091
    Options
    Hi I'm 44, love chatting to new people on this site, feel free to add me
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I am 44 - add me, I am quite new to this site too - but what a difference it's making - love the motivation, accountability and sense of community.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am 42.. welcome to the site.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I am 42, welcome to site and feel free to add me! :smile:
  • CoolBlueCris702
    CoolBlueCris702 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I just turned 40 and I'm tired of being overweight. I spent most of my life emotional eating, and I have a reputation of being from a big family of big eaters which is hard to shake.

I started exercising a month ago, and did it successfully for two solid weeks, not with a food diary though. I lost two kilos and now have put it all back since I haven't exercised in two weeks.

My most difficult challenge is actually being consistent. Not starting and stopping all the time.

Thanks for listening, its great I can be honest here.

Hugs to all
    CoolBlueCris702
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined MFP awhile ago but really haven't done anything with it. I'm 43yrs old and want to lose between 15-20 lbs. Please feel free to add me. I could you the support too :)
  • loischapman
    Options
    Hi Mary Anne...first off ...wow 100 pds amazing. I am 51 and struggling ..have been on Fp for about 3months now...do notice as you get older it comes off alot slower..am feeling like i am stuck and could use all the support I can get...Fp is a great too as well as WW:heart: ...good luck on your journey and hope you will consider adding me as a support!
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi Maryanne. I've just turned 40 and need the support too! Good luck! Will add you.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    47, going on 18. MFP to thank for my "growing down".

More friends ALWAYS welcome to share this much fun.

Can't keep it to myself!
  • trulabfloyd
    Options
    Yes, way over 40 coming in at 57! Soon to be 58. Welcome to MFP. It is a great way to get in shape and make friends. I have lost 10 lbs and though not always consistent come back and try again to stay down. Here you have the freedom to eat what you want. Just not too much! And it is great to have the fitness factored in so you can eat your exercise calories. It encourages you to exercise more! I have 8 children and 8 grandchidren so my stress challenges are great, but I think you will love this!
  • trulabfloyd
    Options
    I can totally relate to the not consistent. I go on, then off. And emotional eating is a real problem. But hang in there. Though I have those issues I have managed to lose 10 lbs and would like to lose another 10 to be my high school weight. It is not how many times you fall that count, but how many times you get back up!!!!
  • ZoJoanne
    ZoJoanne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, 41 in February....and stuck, so i'm back on here for some help to see where I am going wrong (what i'm over eating by, more like!)
    Good luck x
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! I am 42 here....pushing it hard every day on this journey!!! Keep strong!! Feel free to add!!!
  • christ4life63
    christ4life63 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Maryann, and Congrats to you. I Thank You for sharing your story with us all. I'm also determine to loose weight and I'm so excited about this program that is offer to us. Were not alone and we have the tools here and especially we have the Support of one another. Good Luck everyone, I know everyone will do GREAT. Happy Holiday's to you and your love ones.:smile:
  • naner61
    Options
    Good morning all! I love this site and look forward to meeting lots of interesting people! I am 50 and got to the point I was sick and tired of aching and hurting ( in a bad way) now I am aching and hurting because if Jillian Michaels...lol...not really! I am always looking for support from real people who have been there.

Have a great day!
  • claireliston
    Options
    hiya, I'm 42. Started my journey on MFP about a month ago and have lost 15lbs, and another 15lbs to go to hit my target .... if you want add me as a friend and we can encourage and motivate each other!! Claire
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm 52. As you can see, there are a bunch of 40+'s on here. Have a great mfp experience, as with everything - it is what you make of it.
  • colhendy
    Options
    Hi
    Yes Im 48 and have lost 18 pounds in 35 days, my partner tells me I doing ok but I dont think so, Im now 102kg my goal is 100 by christmas, hope I get there.

Regards
    Colin
  • gbmj
    gbmj Posts: 1
    Options
    Also have 4 children, work part time and am trying to stay fit. Tracking my food has been something I neglect because I am busy. Today I decided to try harder and track. I think it is important. Tons of people of 40, I am 48....