SHOCK HORROR

Options
Havent owned a set of bathroom scales for years! Finally stood on some 2 weeks ago!!! MORTIFIED! I was under this distorted illusion that i was lighter then wat i am!!! Anyone out there know what im feeling?!

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    90% of us here :D sucks dont it? :)
  • CarolAnn0730
    Options
    EVERYDAY!! I have this illusion of who I am on the inside - matches the outside... then I look in the mirror and say HOLY CATFISH - who is that!!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    We all understand, that's why were here... Put your big girl panties on and lets do this! We're here to help, encourage and be the motivation you need. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    yes and i thought my scales were broken!!! then realized they were not and i was in serious denial- that was in August so started eating more protein and less carbs and now 25 lbs. lighter - and still losing! did WW for a long time before that and gained all the weight back. have finally found a good plan...
    tracking here online is great - makes me think about what the heck i'm eating! or not :-)
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    YES. That's why I didn't let the Dr. office staff weigh me, during visits for a year. Yeah, it stinks having reality stare back at us, eh? You can get it off here, though.

-Terri
    Havent owned a set of bathroom scales for years! Finally stood on some 2 weeks ago!!! MORTIFIED! I was under this distorted illusion that i was lighter then wat i am!!! Anyone out there know what im feeling?!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    yes and i thought my scales were broken!!! then realized they were not and i was in serious denial- that was in August so started eating more protein and less carbs and now 25 lbs. lighter - and still losing! did WW for a long time before that and gained all the weight back. have finally found a good plan...
    tracking here online is great - makes me think about what the heck i'm eating! or not :-)

Denial is so powerful. When I was at my heaviest long before MFP, I totally explained away or didn't even register NOT FITTING INTO CLOTHES. Buying bigger sizes, etc. It is terrible. Good luck to you on your journey! MFP is the best.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Had the same exact thing happen to me. I always figured I was 235. Turns out I was really 263. I was stunned.

Now I'm 205. Best thing I ever did was get on that scale.