This is so hard.

Options
Hey,

I'm trying so hard to recover my eating disorders. I'm trying so hard to re-gain proper eating but im failing. I haven't touched food
in 2 days, I'm going to try and eat today and keep it down. I'm just so scared. My parents want to put me into treatment to start re-feeding me and making me not care so much about appearance and weight.

I want to beat this so i don't have to go to treatment.

Hopes up? /:

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I think treatment is a good idea. If there is weight to be lost, do it the healthy way. There is NO quick fix way to a healthy body weight. SLow and steady is key. Start small with crackers and ginger ale...just like if you were sick. Move up to toast, then add butter. You need to recondition yourself to eating. Best wishes and prayers.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    If you want to beat this, then do it. Not trying to make light of what you are going thru, but as mamamc03 said - start small. If you really want to win / beat this, then take control. Eat something - otherwise you are letting yourself down and letting yourself be controlled by whatever is eating you. Or perhaps, as mamamc03 - maybe treatment is in your best interest at this point? I sure hope you can take control - best wishes to you! :flowerforyou:
  • veggie_1200
    Options
    I think treatment is the best. Believe me, I've tried to "do this on my own" and it's never worked for me. I know it's hard, but you'll thank yourself later!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Treatment would be best. After prolonged periods of anorexia, your digestive system goes through changes that make it very difficult for you to keep food down and get nutrients out of it. In a clinical setting they can do it correctly and get you back to feeling better more quickly.
  • effyxfree
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Helps so much. <3
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Good luck, it sounds like you are in a tough place.
    I can see that you really want to beat it - so maybe treatment is the best way to do that once and for all.
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with accepting and going through treatment. No matter how you go about it, you have to be willing and WANTing to go through change. You sound like you want this for yourself. If you need someone to talk to I'd be happy to be there for you.