Sacred Heart Diet ?

Has anyone ever tried the sacred heart diet and had positive results from it?

Replies

• I've never tried it but based on the website it looks like a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Anyone who claims EASY or FAST weight loss is selling something.

It looks like it is LOOSELY based on a low carb diet which is fine enough. I suggest looking into the Paleo diet. Any thing that claims that you lose a ton of weight in 7 days can't be good for you to sustain.
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Yup...and everything you lose, you gain right back. Me and my sister did it and we both had the same result.

But maybe a good clean low calorie soup too ADD to you daily food journal.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    I'm with arronlock on this. Trying to lose a lot of weight in a week usually winds up being counterproductive.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Dude, after what I found in my Progresso soup today, you won't want to touch a soup diet.

Anyway, here's the thing - you lose weight with this diet because you're consuming fewer calories and lots of water. Why not just drink lots of water and stick to what MFP has your calories set at to safely lose a pound a week?
  • I'm with arronlock on this. Trying to lose a lot of weight in a week usually winds up being counterproductive.

Thanks man!
  • MollyDukes
    Dude, after what I found in my Progresso soup today, you won't want to touch a soup diet.

?????
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Fad diets don't work in the long run. Stick to doing it the healthy way!
  • sunkisses
    ?????
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/373964_2697202184932_1102922983_33010443_118830860_n.jpg
    piece of a rat's tail. That was in my mouth. It wouldn't chew up and felt...wrong, so I took it out and - well, I'm homemaking my food for the rest of my life now.
  • Dude, after what I found in my Progresso soup today, you won't want to touch a soup diet.
    ?????
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/373964_2697202184932_1102922983_33010443_118830860_n.jpg
    piece of a rat's tail. That was in my mouth. It wouldn't chew up and felt...wrong, so I took it out and - well, I'm homemaking my food for the rest of my life now.

Oh my GOD. DDDDD:
  • MollyDukes
    ?????

That's discusting :-o
  • sunkisses
    That's why I didn't post it in the forum straight up. My facebook friends want to kill me.
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Fast weight loss = lots of water weight loss. Stick to a balanced diet of good carbs, lean protein and adequate water intake (which also includes milk & other beverages). Adequate water in ounces is what half your weight is. A 140 pound woman needs about 70 oz a day. If you work out hard & sweat a lot, add another serving in. Too much water can cause water toxicity, which is deadly. Google it if you want to know more.

As for the gal with the rat tail in her soup. Sue. Sue hard. Progresso is nasty, I found a black hair in a meatball in my italian wedding soup once...never will touch that brand again.
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    It's great for a soup night but it makes a lot of soup and you wouldn't want to eat it everyday. It's tasty but I suggest if you make this soup, share it with your neighbors or family and don't try the diet of it.
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    ?????

ever seen the friends episode where Phoebe found a finger in her soda can?
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    ?????

Funny thing is I am eating soup RIGHT NOW. Good thing it's home made...but still
  • MollyDukes
    ?????

It's gross...but I can't stop laughing. Sorry :-D
  • I actually just gave it up today because its bogus. I wasn't losing any weight and it was driving me NUTS!! My doctor had suggested it to me to lose weight because he was concerned about my health but I was dizzy and hungry all day and honestly, its not something I can keep up long term. I'd rather eat right and exercise and lose it the right way.I lost more and it stayed off that way. I felt like I was starving with this diet. Basically you're losing weight (and a lot of it) because the diet is SOOOO low calorie. Thats why most people only do it for a week. This isn't anything you can sustain for even longer (if you're even able to last the entire week). Hope this helps. Trust me, just do it the right way. There are no magic diets or pills. There is only hard work. ;)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Before I started MFP and my serious path to trying to change my life I did try this diet. It worked (temporarily) , was torture the entire time and is completely and utterly unsustainable.

The only good thing is .... you do make the soup yourself....no rats tail.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    ?????

NO WAY!! Hard to see the scale, but I'm pretty sure that is higher than the normally allowed portion of rodent body that is allowed to be in canned soup products. You are going to make a big stink about this, I hope?
  • sunkisses
    I'll make a little stink. I don't have the stones to start a lawsuit or anything.