Exercises Known To Get Results?

Options
I'm currently a college student and have recently made a dedication to getting healthier! While at school, I have a gym I can go whenever and a fruit bar readily available, but the problem is, I'm home for winter break and afraid I'm gonna start gaining weight without the gym!
So, my question ; What are some free ( as in, I have no money to buy a gym member ship or exercise DVDs) exercises I can do over the break that actually work? I've tried some at home stuff before, but I can't ever seen motivated enough to keep doing it. I only get pumped when at the gym I suppose? At least, I'm hoping for some tips that you all use that work :)!

Replies

• mkromer
    Options
    If your parents have on-demand, there are free exercise tv work outs on there. If not, use youtube to your advantage! You can find 10 minute segments of other workouts such as insanity. Also if you have a smart phone there are some free work out apps such as "butt work out daily!
    Hope this helps and good luck! I'm definitely worried about being home for 2 weeks and not working out as much!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest push ups and lunges holding objects around the house. Both are free compound exercises.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you search Exercise TV free workouts, but their site is down. Exercise TV is leaving on December 31, 2011. If your parents or you have a library card, you can check out some workouts dvds from the library.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk or run, body weight exercises {squats, lunges, sit ups, push ups}. People forget about local parks that might provide a running trail that helps with exercise stations. You can also find work out videos on YouTube.