Calories for fried chicken thigh or leg?

Options
So I'm really confused, I'm trying to plan my calories to allow for fried chicken this weekend and I'm not sure if I'm going to eat a thigh or leg.

So I was trying to compare the calories, and couldn't find a suitable one I wanted to use through the database.

Just going to use the chicken with skin, with white flour (stepmom's making it) and that's it, oh and of course canola oil.

so can anyone help me out? What would be the average calorie of a chicken thigh and leg?

Replies

• jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am not sure you can ever "allow" for fried chicken in a calorie count. Try your best to eat well for rest of that day and just splurge a little on the chicken. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to track every spurge. Just do a quick add of calories of say 750 and move on to the next day :) If its not that much then its better to overestimate.
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    KFC has a nutritional guide on thier website, give that a try. Its better to go over than under in estimating.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    ya i would use kfc website as a guide.....even if you aren't exact, it's a good measure of a typical piece. good for you for planning!