Looking for Friends who are trying to maintain BUILD MUSCLE!

Options
Hello!

I am looking for people who are in maintenance mode for motivation. I see all these weight loss posts (which is extremely motivating) I am at goal weight and just trying to maintain stay healthy BUILD MUSCLE!

Building muscle and seeing those type of changes in your body seem to take a LONG time and your not going to see the calorie burn that you do when you only do cardio. I am also looking for tips on how to build muscle def. the right foods / cals you should be putting into your body to "maintain" weight while building muscle. Yep... the scale is almost forbidden with me and the tape measure is my guide.

Is there anyone else out there????

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am looking for people who are in maintenance mode for motivation. I see all these weight loss posts (which is extremely motivating) I am at goal weight and just trying to maintain stay healthy BUILD MUSCLE!

Building muscle and seeing those type of changes in your body seem to take a LONG time and your not going to see the calorie burn that you do when you only do cardio. I am also looking for tips on how to build muscle def. the right foods / cals you should be putting into your body to "maintain" weight while building muscle. Yep... the scale is almost forbidden with me and the tape measure is my guide.

To build muscle you have to add weight. To add weight means calorie surplus so you can't maintain weight if you do that. And if you just maintain you won't build muscle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Hello!

To build muscle you have to add weight. To add weight means calorie surplus so you can't maintain weight if you do that. And if you just maintain you won't build muscle.

IDEA Fitness member

Exactly what he said. I recently decided to go back to bulking, i.e. increasing carbs and continuing strength training. Up those calories and add weights! Good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Exactly what he said. I recently decided to go back to bulking, i.e. increasing carbs and continuing strength training. Up those calories and add weights! Good luck!
    Do you know how much I would love to train you? And I'd do it for free...........

IDEA Fitness member
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Building muscle does take a Iot of time and heavy weight training

I wish people would get it out of their heads that Lifting baby weights makes you bulky, otherwise I'd be Hulk status already
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Do you know how much I would love to train you? And I'd do it for free...........

IDEA Fitness member

Why can't you live in Houston? I would take you up on that offer, except I'd pay. My husband said I outgrew my trainer...
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I usually 2 weeks surplus, lots of strength training and lil cardio. When I lean out I carbs cycle or cal zig sag and incorperate cardio...but more in circuits unless I'm teaching a class:)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Building muscle does take a Iot of time and heavy weight training

I wish people would get it out of their heads that Lifting baby weights makes you bulky, otherwise I'd be Hulk status already

This ^^ wouldn't that make things so much easier?? I'd be a little beast for sure by now xD
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Why can't you live in Houston? I would take you up on that offer, except I'd pay. My husband said I outgrew my trainer...
    Lol, I have a cousin that lives in Texas, but not near Houston. Have to visit there one day!

IDEA Fitness member