If you go over?

Options
Will you net low cals for the rest of the week to balance it out?

Or just accept you went over and get back into it the next day?

Replies

• RedRose50
    Options
    Its ok to go over. Don't beat yourself up. Get on track again tomorrow.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    accept it and get on track the next day. 1 day will not sabotage your diet.

Also a lot of people say they "went over" but they only went over their calorie allotment and still were under maintenance meaning they were still in a caloric deficit for the day

personally i think feeling the need to make up for one day of indulgence by eating lower cals for the rest of the week or excessively working out can lead to an unhealthy relationship with food
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm asking because I've had a few shocker days in the past 2-3 weeks (dinners etc) but I hate the thought of being over for the week so have netted some very low days as well.

I haven't lost anything so wondering if that could be the cause?
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • choccay
    Options
    I'm supposed to be eating 1200 a day, so I don't go under my calorie limit the next day if I go over. I don't mind if I have a bad week and maintain, as long as I don't gain.
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm with the others just accept that its happened and move on.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    accept it and get on track the next day. 1 day will not sabotage your diet.

Also a lot of people say they "went over" but they only went over their calorie allotment and still were under maintenance meaning they were still in a caloric deficit for the day

personally i think feeling the need to make up for one day of indulgence by eating lower cals for the rest of the week or excessively working out can lead to an unhealthy relationship with food

This exactly
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It depends - if it's only by a little bit I ignore it and assume that it won't make much difference over a week or so.
    If I am over by a LOT, then I will eat a bit less on high exercise days. My aim is to make the cals balance out over a week, I don't get too stressed day by day.