Always hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am willing to bet you are suffering from multiple vitamin / nutrient deficiencies.

Looking at the last week or so of your diary, almost all of your most highly calorific items are junk:

chocolate truffles
    taco shells
    cookies
    chocolate milk
    crisco cooking oil
    pizza
    fritos
    spinach dip
    cheese roll (whatever that is)
    tortilla chips
    potato chips

and . . . weight loss shakes.

You need a diet overhaul or your body is going to keep demanding more food because it is not getting the nutrition it needs.

I can't type any more right now because I'm running short on time. Be back later.

This. Please. Please. Please. If you eat high carb, high sugar foods, you will feel hungry sooner. You may not "like" it, but your body will thank you for eating veggies and fruit and lean meats and natural, non processed foods that are LOADED with sodium. I've said this to you before, and I'll say it again: what you are eating is not healthy. You may stay under your calorie goals *most* of the time, but it isn't giving your body what it needs to stay healthy.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    If you just suddenly dropped from say, 2000 calories a day, to 1200, you haven't given yourself a chance to re-train. Like others have said, I suggest upping your calorie intake, even by just 200, and you might see a difference.

Also, eat smaller meals/snacks more frequently. I eat around 6, 10, 1, 4, and 6. Sometimes again at 8 or 9 if I'm wanting a snack. If you ate 6 times a day, then that would equal out to 200 cals per meal/snack, and it would be hard to stick to that perfectly, but it's doable.

Truly, I think if you'll up your calories just a little bit--100 to 200 calories--and space things out equally, you'll find you've stopped being as hungry.

That does NOT mean you won't have cravings now and then and that you won't have to break habits. When I first began, I'd watch the clock like a hawk to see when those times would get there and I could eat again; not out of hunger, but out of anxiety. Groundless anxiety as if I'd ever been in a situation where I was starving. (I haven't.) So I also had to retrain my brain. Now I rarely think about it. Yay, victory! =)

Good luck!
  • jameskane
    Options
    when you do get hungry, and i know this is going to sound weird but, try just drinking water. The brain allot of the time gets confused as to what messages the body is sending it. the message in this case is thirst. the brain does not always recognize thirst as thirst but as hunger instead, and it mostly happens later in the day if i recall correctly. that's why, at night when you get the munchies...you go get some popcorn...or chips... or if your being a good boy or girl some carrot sticks or something... and after you eat what would normally satisfy you you find your still hungry. its because you actually were never hungry...you were thirsty. DRINK WATER. forget all those teas and ciders and all especially pop. those will actually dehydrate you more (thusly trick your mind into thinking it is even hungrier). personally i think 1200 cals is to low to diet on. i don't think you are getting enough calories. i've always heard to try to stay to 1500 as a minimum, but i don't know your BMR and history and such. But i would try replacing the late night "hunger" with drinking a couple glasses of water.

don't know if that will help or not but that's what i've heard and what has worked for me
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    thanks for ur feedback i have made some changes with my diet.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    For the record I concur with what has been said. For the most part, try to cut the simple carbs and make better choices. Keep your fiber intake up and eat lower glycemic index foods. Lower carb, higher (healthy) fats and protein will probably make you feel more satisfied.

However, If it takes a little junk treat every day to stay on your diet, so be it. To this day I still eat a bag of microwave popcorn almost every evening. It's the "healthiest junk food" I try to eat on a regular basis.