World is full of Wonderful People

Options
zoe4friends
zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
I just found this website

http://makesmethink.com/

It shares the stories of acts of kindness and it makes me believe that even though there are plenty of selfish and negative people, the World is still full of Wonderful people,

here are just few stories

Today, I was buying food at the grocery store for my family, but at the checkout counter my debit card came back declined for over-withdrawal. (I’ve been laid off from work for awhile now and am barely making ends meet.) As I quickly explained myself to the cashier and started putting back some of the food I had picked out, the man in line behind me stepped forward and paid for all my groceries. I thanked him and he said, “Someone did the same thing for me several years ago. This is my opportunity to pay it forward. I hope you can do the same someday.” MMT
Today, on my 13th birthday, my foster parents finalized all the paperwork and officially adopted me. MMT
Today, I was putting quarters into a parking meter for my parking spot downtown when a homeless man asked me if I could spare some change. I actually had a lot of coins in my purse, so I handed him about five dollars in change. The meeting I attended downtown ran about two hours longer than I had expected it to, and about an hour longer than I had paid for on the parking meter. But when I got to my car, the homeless man I had given change to earlier was putting a quarter into my parking meter. When he saw me, he said, “Oh good, you’re back. A little while ago the meter maid was ticketing cars with expired meters, so I’ve been slowly putting some change into your meter to keep you out of trouble.” MMT

Replies

• Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    :cry:
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Its always nice to have some good news to read in the relentless onslaught of bad news. :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Here's one!
    My dog got hit by a truck, and needed hip surgery. Not only did the vet knock half the price off for us, but someone anonymously paid $500 off our bill there, as well. Amazing!

And our dog is recovering quickly, too. :-)
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I just found this website

http://makesmethink.com/

It shares the stories of acts of kindness and it makes me believe that even though there are plenty of selfish and negative people, the World is still full of Wonderful people,

here are just few stories

Today, I was buying food at the grocery store for my family, but at the checkout counter my debit card came back declined for over-withdrawal. (I’ve been laid off from work for awhile now and am barely making ends meet.) As I quickly explained myself to the cashier and started putting back some of the food I had picked out, the man in line behind me stepped forward and paid for all my groceries. I thanked him and he said, “Someone did the same thing for me several years ago. This is my opportunity to pay it forward. I hope you can do the same someday.” MMT
    Today, on my 13th birthday, my foster parents finalized all the paperwork and officially adopted me. MMT
    Today, I was putting quarters into a parking meter for my parking spot downtown when a homeless man asked me if I could spare some change. I actually had a lot of coins in my purse, so I handed him about five dollars in change. The meeting I attended downtown ran about two hours longer than I had expected it to, and about an hour longer than I had paid for on the parking meter. But when I got to my car, the homeless man I had given change to earlier was putting a quarter into my parking meter. When he saw me, he said, “Oh good, you’re back. A little while ago the meter maid was ticketing cars with expired meters, so I’ve been slowly putting some change into your meter to keep you out of trouble.” MMT

I love hearing stories like these. We need more people this in the world.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Here's one!
    My dog got hit by a truck, and needed hip surgery. Not only did the vet knock half the price off for us, but someone anonymously paid $500 off our bill there, as well. Amazing!

remind me of a funny story
    One winter day we found an old straggly cat at our door. She was a sorry sight. Starving, dirty, smelled terrible, skinny, and hair all matted down. We felt sorry for her so we put her in a carrier and took her to the vet. We didn't know what to call her so we named her 'Pu*sycat.' The vet decided to keep her for a day or so. He said he would let us know when we could come and get her.

My husband (the complainer) said, 'OK, but don't forget to wash her, she stinks .' He reminded the vet that it was his WIFE (me) that wanted the dirty cat, not him . My husband and my Vet don't see eye to eye .

The vet calls my husband 'El-Cheap-O', my husband calls the vet 'El-Charge-O'. They love to hate each other and constantly 'snipe' at one another, with my husband getting in the last word on this particular occasion.

The next day my husband had an appointment with his doctor, who is located in the same building, next door to the vet . The GP's waiting room and office was full of people waiting to see the doctor. A side door opened and the vet leaned in - he had obviously seen my husband arrive. He looked straight at my husband and in a loud voice said,

'Your wife's pu*sy doesn't stink any more. We washed and shaved it, and now she smells like a rose!

Oh, and, by the way, I think she's pregnant! God only knows who the father is!'

Then he closed the door.

The silence was deafening .

Now THAT, my friends, is getting even!
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Here's one!

remind me of a funny story
    One winter day we found an old straggly cat at our door. She was a sorry sight. Starving, dirty, smelled terrible, skinny, and hair all matted down. We felt sorry for her so we put her in a carrier and took her to the vet. We didn't know what to call her so we named her 'Pu*sycat.' The vet decided to keep her for a day or so. He said he would let us know when we could come and get her.

My husband (the complainer) said, 'OK, but don't forget to wash her, she stinks .' He reminded the vet that it was his WIFE (me) that wanted the dirty cat, not him . My husband and my Vet don't see eye to eye .

The vet calls my husband 'El-Cheap-O', my husband calls the vet 'El-Charge-O'. They love to hate each other and constantly 'snipe' at one another, with my husband getting in the last word on this particular occasion.

The next day my husband had an appointment with his doctor, who is located in the same building, next door to the vet . The GP's waiting room and office was full of people waiting to see the doctor. A side door opened and the vet leaned in - he had obviously seen my husband arrive. He looked straight at my husband and in a loud voice said,

'Your wife's pu*sy doesn't stink any more. We washed and shaved it, and now she smells like a rose!

Oh, and, by the way, I think she's pregnant! God only knows who the father is!'

Then he closed the door.

The silence was deafening .

Now THAT, my friends, is getting even!

lol great story!
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Here is one My sister has epilepsy and is on very expensive medication well one day my mom called the pharmacy to see if my sisters medication was ready and they said yes when my mom went to go pick it up turns out they had closed early for no reason and hadnt informed my mom about it. Well we were screwed because my sister didnt have any more medicine for the rest of the day and it was a weekend and they didnt open till monday. Well we ended up spending 4 hours in urgent care attempting to get her a new prescription so we could get her some more medicine which my mom was going to have to pay out of pocket. Well we eventually got the prescription and heded to walgreens kus it was about 11pm and open when my mom asked how much it was going to be she was informed that it would be about $700 for ten pills having no other option we sat and waited. I think the lady overheard my mom when she was talking to me in the waiting area say that it was the only money she had and it was supposed to be for our rent because when she called us up to get the medicine she said she had quoted us wrong and it was only going to be $50 i have no idea what she did and i hope she didnt get in trouble for it but it not only saved my sister it also saved us from being homeless
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your stories. It truly makes me smile to see and hear that there are kind people, because lately I've read on threads about people being mean and selfish and not caring, but we should not forget the kindness and caring