Now I see it- I'm ready to love me.

Options
Hi guys,

I'm Molly. Uhmmm... Okay story.
I've suffered from eating disorders as a bi product of a handful of personal issues since i was 7. Most notably- Bulimia Nervosa. I spent years in hospital and outpaitent programs. Up untill 2 years ago it almost seemed like i was never going to get well.
My lowest weight was 43Kg at 5'4 and healthiest was 55kg.
Two years ago i began dating my partner and saw for the first time what my bad habits did to those around me. I'm now free of my binge purge cycle and am doing well. BUT Two days ago it was like i'd woken up for the first time in two years- I'm now 21 and 80kg almost a size 16. 4 sizes in 2 years.

I'm desperate to get back to a healthy weight, for me, and my partner too.I know he finds me less sexy with this belly i have (although he still loves me just as much) and i'm sick of the pain of my thighs rubbing together in the hot aussie summer.

I'd love to make some friends on here to help me move forward and not backwards.

Even if i only loose 5 kilo- Being able to do it healthily and not fall back into my old nature would be a big win for me- I don't want to be afraid anymore. I know i can do this.
All i need is a little push, A litter exersize, and to STOP EATING PIZZA!

So... yeah.. HI!

Replies

• LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    First of all, Welcome! You've had quite the journey thus far. My first bit of advice is going to be patience. If you can set some basic goals; daily logging of everything you put in your mouth, routine exercise (healthy and gives you a bit more calories to eat), drink your water, fruits and veggies along with less processed foods - then you'll be off to a great start. Friend some people and get to work! Best wishes to you on your journey. I've been on here since August and you'll see my results on my ticker. Add me if you like. This is a great site! :flowerforyou:
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hi Molly, welcome and good luck. Feel free to add me....
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have to the right place! You can do it!
  • Caylee320
    Caylee320 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for getting well and deciding to love you! I'm new to MFP, but loving this site! I did Weight Watchers on and off for the last couple years, and it taught me to lose weight in a healthy way. WW stopped working for me and this site makes so much sense to me - simple science. You've already taken a step forward, now just run with it! Feel free to add me if you like, and you can do this!
  • kouzzzz
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Feel free to add me.
  • kouzzzz
    Options
    looks like my first comment was deleted. I submitted it again.... Is anyone having problems with the message boards?
  • melianne125
    melianne125 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • Silverhillbilly
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me -
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Welcome Molly, this is a great site for support & motivation. Add me if u like.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on getting your disorder under control. You can do this!