Getting rid of semi permanent hair dye?

Options
2»

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Try Color Opps. My daughter wanted to go darker then absolutely hated it. We used Color Opps and it came right out. You can find it at a drug store or grocery store.

second this. very affordable and I've used it twice...just make sure to wear a hair mask afterward (if you don't have one, just leave conditioner in for maybe 15-30 minutes). ^^ it works!!!

ps: be careful dying your hair after using color oops though as it will leave the hair porous and it will grab more color in the future aka dye your hair a darker color than on the carton...this is until it heals~which is why lots of conditioner is good~
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I did exactly the same thing I'm blonde and went red and couldn't get rid of it! if you're UK based use this stuff

http://www.boots.com/en/Colour-B4-Hair-colour-remover-extra-strength-by-Scott-Cornwall-hair-expert-_1000976/

got rid of the colour wihtout any problem for me :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    why would anyone want to REMOVE the red!!! :laugh:
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Just to let you all know... Tried hot wax and clarifying shampoo after first, which seemed like it had a slight effect, and then tonight I tried the Colour B4 hair colour removeer mentioned above - apart from being a right faff to do (lots of stages), my hair is now a totally gorgeous golden colour, probably even nicer than it looked to start! Thank you for all of the advice!
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it worked :-D Colour B4 was brilliant !!
  • sophiawoodhall
    Options
    How much hydrogen peroxide will i need?

I had bleach blonde hair and i dyed it a medium brown but it went almost black and i started to freak! so I stripped my hair with a colour eraser from superdrug and it went orange which is what i was expecting but still wasnt happy so i used a semi perm medium ash blonde on it and its gone this horrible muddy browny golden colour.

After using the hydrogen peroxide will I need to put a semi perm dye on it?

I dont want to go bleach blonde just a light brown with a ash blonde tone.
  • Masqueraded
    Options
    Wow, what brand did you use? I can NEVER get red colour to stay vibrant on my hair - it's usually all washed out looking within a month.

Same here! I've paid good money for red highlights and streaks and they ALWAYS fade.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    scissors.jpg