Snacking suggestions!

Options
2»

Replies

• annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Jerky!! Great source of protein (duh) and will help you stay full. Plus tons and tons of water.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, portioned bags of cut-up veggies or fruits (grapes, carrot/celery sticks), bananas, Laughing Cow cheese wedges or Babybel rounds, whole wheat crackers with peanut butter, portioned nuts.
  • jlcarnes
    Options
    I just roasted canned Chick Peas (garbonzo beans) and they are AWESOME! Drain them, lay them on a baking sheet, season with your favorite spices, salt, etc...put in 400F oven for ~15minutes (check them often, they will get crunchy). I put them in a baggie and keep in my purse. Also, add with Raw Almonds, Celery stick and sliced Cukes. Celery and Cukes are freebies!! Season the cukes with dill, salt and pepper and you will think you are eating chips.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome ideas here!

Two things to add:

1. Make sure to have lots of WATER with you - sodas and such are just as bad - you can put it in a cooler with ice and cold snacks.

2. Keep in mind that, even though it's 13 hours of super boring time, it's only 13 hours! How much do you usually eat in that time period? Maybe 2-3 meals and 1-3 snacks? Portion out your food as you normally would and don't use the trip as an excuse to overeat, even if you are overeating healthier foods!

Quick thoughts:
    Breakfast: make an egg and ham sandwich at home, or a buritto, or something filling
    Snack 1: dried apple chips (sooo easy to make the day before) and a hard boiled egg
    Lunch: Stop at subway, gas up, treat yourself to a "healthy" sandwich
    Snack 2: almonds, popcorn
    Supper: peanut butter sandwich, banana

Arrival: cheers for not eating more than you would have normally!