Looking for motivation

Options
I did not track for 13 days, fell off the wagon. I'm trying to get back on!! Help!!!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be an *kitten* here, but if your health and happiness aren't motivation enough, how much more do you want us to do? We can encourage you when you're struggling and congratulate you on your progress, but at the end of the day if the motivation isn't coming from within, do you honestly expect to have long term sustained success?

We aren't there to get you off the couch or to kick you out of McDonalds or to get the crap food out of the fridge. You have to do that on your own.
  • fmeisele
    Options
    This site provides alot of great encouragement, but the motivation has to be in your own head. What makes getting healthy important to you? If you can't find motivation in the answers to that question, the only thing this site can do for you is perhaps help you find an answer that DOES motivate you. Browse people's success stories and find something important to you that will motivate you long term.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be an *kitten* here, but if your health and happiness aren't motivation enough, how much more do you want us to do? We can encourage you when you're struggling and congratulate you on your progress, but at the end of the day if the motivation isn't coming from within, do you honestly expect to have long term sustained success?

We aren't there to get you off the couch or to kick you out of McDonalds or to get the crap food out of the fridge. You have to do that on your own.

agreed. we might be able to push you in the right direction, but motivation can only com from within.

here, read this. i read it when i need a little push. http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/08/31/is-it-really-worth-it/