Best Home Exercise Program??? I need suggestions!

Options
olymp1a
olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
Ok guys, here's the deal. I am exercising almost everyday but I really feel that a workout program at home will really keep me motivated and coming back day after day, in general I find it easier to stick to my goals when I have a schedule. So I plan to do so from the beginning of January, I just want to decide which program! My brother bought me Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis as a gift but I think I will leave this aside for later on.

I've heard and read about so many programs, P90x, Turbo Jam, Chalean Xtreme you name it. What is your favorite one and why?

I'd love to see different comments and experiences!

Replies

• BenderFitness
    Options
    If you want to supplement whichever program you end up getting I share videos of my workouts on my blog: www.fitnessbender.com and I have a youtube channel: www.youtube.com/mdloughy

I workout at home exclusively. I don't have time to make it to a gym, but I don't believe that should limit my fitness. :)
  • jedinight32
    Options
    My friend from college swears by P90X but I have never tried it myself. I have just discovered some simple circuit training workouts that you can do at home which I think will prove to be affective. Do an online search for "circuit training routine" or "circuit training for women" and you will find some information. The exercises are simple ones but you can crank up the intensity with modifications or weights (your choice). Hope this helps :)
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you want to supplement whichever program you end up getting I share videos of my workouts on my blog: www.fitnessbender.com and I have a youtube channel: www.youtube.com/mdloughy

I workout at home exclusively. I don't have time to make it to a gym, but I don't believe that should limit my fitness. :)

You look AMAZING!! I'm checking your blog and channel out...
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Insanity! It will kick your *kitten* and you don't need anything but yourself to do it!
    P90x is good too but you need weights and pullup bar and stuff.
  • ShannonMarie81
    Options
    I've done lots of different stuff..including Chalean Extreme, Turbo Jam, Tae Bo, Insanity...etc. They all have their pros and cons...but if you want complete body transformation..I swear by Insanity!! It will whip you into shape...just using your own body!!
  • olymp1a
    Options
    Insanity! It will kick your *kitten* and you don't need anything but yourself to do it!
    P90x is good too but you need weights and pullup bar and stuff.

My brother has everything needed for P90x so I'm ok regarding equipment! I've watched a few of insanity videos and seems way to hard for my current fitness lvl! :)
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I think P90X will get you better in shape physically since it has resistance and cardio. Insanity will drop the pounds off of you and is very cardio-centric. If you want to get stronger, go with P90X. If you want to lose weight and get into a better shape for cardio, go with Insanity. TurboFire is also an option as it contains some resistance work with bands while having a very wide variety of cardio that really works you.

P90X - Mostly resistance with some good cardio - Strength gains and weight loss
    Insanity - Cardio conditioning and weight loss
    TurboFire - Cardio conditioning, some strength gains and weight loss. Combination of aerobics and kickboxing moves.
  • StabbyParks
    StabbyParks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had success with Turbo Jam. The different workouts keep you from getting bored and you can go at your own pace. It's actually pretty fun!

10150526.png
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Hour of Power
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    INSANITY - ALLLLLLLLLL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tj5000
    tj5000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these suggestions!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    insanity is by far my favorite, but i also enjoy p90x. :)
  • olymp1a
    Options
    I am really scared of insanity, I am not in such a fitness level to keep up with it and I am scared I might injured myself... :( I think I'll start with Turbo Jam and see how it goes and then progress to Turbo Fire or P90x. Insanity seems to be light years away from me.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am really scared of insanity, I am not in such a fitness level to keep up with it and I am scared I might injured myself... :(

I watch the commercial all the time and it scares me too! Love the transformations though.
  • hparks76
    Options
    I haven't done P90x or Insanity. I'd love to try P90x but, like you, I'm absolutely terrified of Insanity! I've been doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and also her 30-Day Shred. She will definitely kick your butt! The results seem to take forever, but they do happen. Has anyone done the Zumba fitness videos? It looks fun but I don't know anyone who's actually done it.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a program that mimics what you would do in a gym...in other words, you should get one that incorporates cardio AND weights. That's why I like P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme, and the basic Power 90 set.

I think things like Insanity are great, too, but I have seen people (myself included) lose muscle mass along with fat mass doing that program, so even though I lost weight, I wasn't as strong because the weight lifting wasn't there like before.

I am not a big fan of cardio sculpting type programs that make it appear like weight lifting when in reality it is just cardio with light weights. Anyone that tells you that 10 pounds is a great weight for an advanced exerciser...well, that's cardio with light weights in disguise as a weight training program. Just my .02 cents.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My best workouts are at home; I dance to an hour of techno and do body weight exercises - google that for some great specifics.
    Also, throw a mattress on the floor and run in place watching a show - the possibilities are endless.

Some days we're snowed in or it's raining - whatever. I will never miss a workout...
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Another great cheap alternative is BodyRock.Tv quick and really work ya :smile:
  • SCOUSERWENCH
    SCOUSERWENCH Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can burn calories cleaning,cooking,hoovering, walking, pushing a pram and sometimes get on the wiifit if you get chance.
  • olymp1a
    Options
    I haven't done P90x or Insanity. I'd love to try P90x but, like you, I'm absolutely terrified of Insanity! I've been doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and also her 30-Day Shred. She will definitely kick your butt! The results seem to take forever, but they do happen. Has anyone done the Zumba fitness videos? It looks fun but I don't know anyone who's actually done it.

I do Zumba and it is so fun! I sweat like never before in my life (and I have been doing latin dances for years) and I burn approximately 500 cals in 50 minutes which is GREAT! I just need something that will include weight training but will not be as extreme as insanity is. I want to get fit not injured! :)