F*cking Fantastic!

Options
Sorry for the language, but that is the only way I can describe how I am feeling right now. I feel like I have conquered one of my biggest demons today. I have struggled with my weight for a long time and my brother was always hassling me about it since I was a young girl. Constantly nagging me to lose weight or do some sit ups. He is one of the biggest reasons I have had such a bad image of myself, why I am so self conscious. Well today he decided to go to the gym with me. I got on the Elliptical and was going about my usual routine, I had been on for about 30 minutes when my brother came over and got onto the one right next to me. He set his levels up to the same as mine and went for less than two minutes. He looked at me still doing my thing, "I'm done with this" he panted and scurried away. I finished another 15 minutes before getting off. Usually I would run a few miles on the treadmill after that, but he was begging me to leave. I can't describe how freaking amazing I feel right now. It's like all those years of harsh words and tears he made me cry are all gone and forgotten. I feel as if I can do anything. There's no bringing me down today!

My BEST NSV ever!!

:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

Replies

• ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    HA!!! In his face...brothers can be so mean sometimes!!! But this is an absolutely awesome moment...you should gloat about it!!!! Great Job!
  • Mirror_Image
    Options
    Bloody good for you! :drinker: How horrible for someone to make you feel like that. My ex-step father would make nasty jibes as well, however, thinking he was being funny. And in school, comments would be made consistently. People don't realise the impact they make and the scars that get left behind. Good on you for showing your brother how it's done.

x
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I know somebody is going to post here, to tell you that it's about you, not your brother, etc., etc., etc.
    BUT-
    Ain't revenge grand?
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV! Showed him what a little girly man he is!
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I know somebody is going to post here, to tell you that it's about you, not your brother, etc., etc., etc.
    BUT-
    Ain't revenge grand?

YES!! HAHAHA
    :laugh:
  • Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That IS the best NSV ever. I still remember things people have said to me over the years and to show them up, that's too awesome. You should be SO proud. Never go back!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Whoot!!! You showed him. Sad that some people think doing those things as your brother did they do to try to motivate you and in the end it does the opposite. My husband is kind of like that saying im not squatting low enough do doing my crunchs right. Grrr!!!
  • aripak
    aripak Posts: 33
    Options
    That is so awesome. I can totally relate. I had one brother who was relentless and really helped to screw up my self-esteem. Now he is way more out of shape than I am...I love messing with him, I'm always telling him we need to go workout together...lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!