I'm weak

Options
and afraid to get into weight training because i have issues with my neck and knees. I have discs C5-C7 fused together with one plate and lots of screws and either a pinched nerve in there or nerve damage in my right arm/hand (and I'm a rightie) I have had arthroscopies in my right knee and have a partially torn ACL there as well as well as arthritis n both knees.

What sort of basic weight training can i do to slowly increase my strength and muscle tone? i already do Curves for women 4-6 days a week and a one hour cardio class twice a week

*points at ticker* - "damn thing is broken - it should read 20lbs"

Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a question for a doctor and or physical therapist.
  • BritFitB
    BritFitB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would love to give you some ideas, however, I do recommend speaking to a professional or sports therapist about the issue with your knees. I get knee pain really easily, and what has worked for me in lifting free weights is engaging the core and making sure it's tight (you will use your core more in this case), and distributing your body weight evenly through your heels, not your toes. If you have back/neck issues, a doctor can recommend some stretches and rehab for you to do for it, but also do not ignore our hamstrings. Most back issues also connect to hamstrings too. Good luck!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Yea, talk to a physical therapist or personal trainers.