What do you to fight off mindless snacking and bingeing?

Options
You know when it's maybe late at night, you've eaten all your calories for the day and yet you still can't help wandering into the kitchen and just "browsing"? You know you're not hungry, but you want......something.
What do you do INSTEAD?
Share your ideas for getting out of the mindless eating doldrums.

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Read, play on the computer, run, laundry, kids' homework, take a bath... just about anything I can get into to alleviate the boredom that drew me into the kitchen.
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Gum is always a staple and lately I've been doing coffee makes me not wanna eat after that both taste stick in my mouth for awhile and I think flavor is all I'm wanting in those moods
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I plan Naked drinks into my daily intake. Drinking those keep me from snacking or having cravings. :drinker:
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a lot of water when i'm in those moods and then I try to stay in the furthest room away from the kitchen.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If I do go into the kitchen, I make hot tea. That fills my tummy and relaxes me.

Other than that, I stay away from the kitchen. I prepare my lunch and all I need earlier on. I turn off the light and don't look back. I make sure that there is no need for me to go back in there late in the evening.

I also tell myself, why are you hungry? Maybe you are just bored? And I envision eating a nice full breakfast in the morning, then I realize I'm not really hungry. Sometimes it can just be your emotions playing with you. Gotta keep that in check.
  • Yunari
    Yunari Posts: 10
    Options
    Brush your teeth!

Everything tasts bad after you brushed your teeth ;)
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth!

Everything tasts bad after you brushed your teeth ;)

I've been doing this a lot more lately~ especially at work. It does help.
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I plan Naked drinks into my daily intake. Drinking those keep me from snacking or having cravings. :drinker:

What are naked drinks? where do you get them?
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

What are naked drinks? where do you get them?

From the grocery store and there is two servings of fruit and veggies in each one. They are in the produce section, the green machine is the best. Looks like algae but really yummy.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I know ahead of time what I am going to eat, and I don't deviate from it.
  • malai22
    Options
    Hot tea usually does the trick.
    03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    LOL....I call that "visiting the cupboard". I run away REALLY fast and start exercising.!!!! Or I just eat it and get really mad at myself and then I execise.
  • dogsetmoi
    Options
    I never thought I'd be the fizzy water type, but I've found that helps me sometimes. I get boxes of La Croix (cans)--it's unsweetened but has interesting flavors. I've tried the grapefruit and coconut so far and like them both. Usually takes my mind off eating for a while =)
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This craving hits me if I stay up late (my kids and I eat kind of early, so it's sort of "time" for a snack). What I've been doing is going to bed. If I can't go to bed for some reason, I drink sleepytime vanilla tea. That generally does it for me. But going to bed is always my best bet.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sorry- my computer froze, and posted twice.