Missed two days of tracking.

Options
I missed 2 days of tracking due to pulling doubles at work and I feel really down about it! Like I've messed it all UP! Having a hard time getting back into the groove today.

Replies

• LaurieEReid
    Options
    Right back on the wagon! You can do it.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Why? If you couldn't log, you couldn't log. It's not a personal failure. It's just life. Even if you deliberately chose not to log, how does that affect today? Getting healthy isn't something that you do once and then you don't think about again. It's not a game you win, or a project that you have to do perfectly to get an A. It's something that will be ongoing for the rest of your life. Sometimes life will get in the way. Sometimes you'll make bad choices. Sometimes you'll get ticked off and throw in the towel for a day or three. Every moment you get to choose how you'll react and what you'll do. So just choose to keep pressing forward, knowing that you didn't actually mess anything up. You lived your life and you got the paycheck you need to buy the things you need for life. Own it, be happy about it, make peace with it, and get rolling today.
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I've had times where I spend a couple months away from the site because I'm busy/sick/etc. The important thing is that you come back. One day at a time :) Good luck!
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Those 2 days are nothing compared to the rest of your life/journey !!! Start fresh and do even better! I screwed up the whole weekend of Thanksgiving.. but Monday morning I just pushed harder than I ever have and saw a 2lb loss! : ) you can do it!
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you're not gonna destroy your weight loss from missing 2 days. Just start back up and get back in the groove! 2 days won't matter in the grand scheme of things.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    do you recall what you ate those days? You can still log it. Sometimes I have to jot things down on a sticky note to enter later.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It happens. I've had the same thing happen with work, as well. Just accept that it happened and drag yourself back up on the wagon. It's tough, but doable.

I've truly come to believe that my success this time with getting healthier has been accepting that I will fall off the wagon. I just make sure to get back on as soon as possible. In the past, I would fall and then just keep falling because it felt easier.

If you need a recharge, set a goal. Not a huge goal. Just something small, something you can achieve in a month or two. 'If I lose X pounds by this date, I will do this.' But make it small because, when you get to that weight or goal, you should set up another one. It's a lot easier to look at one small goal after another than it is to see one big, impossible seeming one.
  • echandle12
    Options
    You can do it!!! I used to have that problem too. If I missed a few days I gave up, but with all the success I have had I don't want to give up. I tell myself I wont even track/look up my "cheat meal" but I always do now and I am better for it. At least I know what I am putting in, even if it means I need to work harder to come back from it.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Why? If you couldn't log, you couldn't log. It's not a personal failure. It's just life. Even if you deliberately chose not to log, how does that affect today? Getting healthy isn't something that you do once and then you don't think about again. It's not a game you win, or a project that you have to do perfectly to get an A. It's something that will be ongoing for the rest of your life. Sometimes life will get in the way. Sometimes you'll make bad choices. Sometimes you'll get ticked off and throw in the towel for a day or three. Every moment you get to choose how you'll react and what you'll do. So just choose to keep pressing forward, knowing that you didn't actually mess anything up. You lived your life and you got the paycheck you need to buy the things you need for life. Own it, be happy about it, make peace with it, and get rolling today.

Excellent post ^^^^ wish there was a like button! Totally agree with all of it.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about missed days. Just call today a new day and start 'fresh.' Sure it won't hurt your goals too bad by doing that.

Good luck.
  • wmlpd6
    wmlpd6 Posts: 135
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back in there!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I miss just about every weekend...get too busy, etc. I try to stay to my goals and even if I don't...I try to remember to log my screw ups in as I remember them.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    The counter of how many days we've been logging in is the same retard that thinks we'll be at our goal weight in five weeks whenever we have a perfect day. Just smile and nod.
  • randompatch
    randompatch Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I miss just about every weekend...get too busy, etc. I try to stay to my goals and even if I don't...I try to remember to log my screw ups in as I remember them.

same here ~ EVERY WEEKEND ~ but I still think about what I'm eating. I also spend a lot of time outside on the weekends, so I'm never sure how to enter my exercise either. But I know I'm still being active and eating good-for-me foods.

This site is excellent support for our journeys, but you can give yourself moral support to! Yell it out "I"M EATING A DONUT! IT IS DELICIOUS!! AND NEXT I"M GOING TO JOG TO THE POST OFFICE TO PICK UP THE MAIL"

You might feel a little silly yelling out your dairy instead of typing it, but I think it helps!
  • 2PRETTY2BEFAT
    2PRETTY2BEFAT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I missed the first day of tracking, so don't feel bad.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options

You should be a motivational speaker! Great post!

I wasn't able to log much at Thanksgiving because I had gallbladder surgery the day before Thanksgiving and felt like crap the whole weekend. But Monday morning...right back to it. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll get back into the swing of it if you just start.

You can do this! Hang in there!
  • AlicjaWaw
    Options
    if it was a month or something you may feel bad but its just 2 days, dont worry when you go back on track everything will go well :D
  • jmbuche
    Options
    Just focus on today, it doesn't matter if you messed up yesterday or a week ago, today is all that matter. Focus on making good food decisions and drinking enough fluids. You can do this I know you can girl