1 tbsp oregano
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    7 tbsp reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
    4 whole wheat hamburger buns or whole wheat sandwich thins
    1 c romaine lettuce
    2/3 cups roasted red peppers, packed in water, sliced
    5 small black olives, sliced

Preheat grill or broiler.

Combine turkey, oregano, garlic powder and feta; dived mixture evenly into four patties.

Grill or broil until internal temp reaches 165F, about 7 to 8 mins per side.

Serve each burger on bun with 1/4 of lettuce, 1/4 of lettuce and 1 tsp of olives.

Delish!
  • throttler228
    Options
    Ground turkey is great in traditional chili. No one can ever tell that it's not ground beef. When you are cooking it, add worstershire to "beef" it up a little.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    soup.jpg

Tricolor Tortellini Soup - Modified for ground turkey (Sam's Club)
    Prep time: 30 Minutes

Servings: 12

Ingredients
    •1 lb. 90% Lean Ground Turkey
    •1 tablespoon italian seasoning
    •1 tablespoon paprika
    •1/2 teaspoon salt
    •1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    •1/2 cup onion, diced
    •2, 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes
    •1 pound tricolor cheese tortellini or spinach and cheese Ravioli
    •1, 15.25-oz. can Del Monte® Corn, drained
    •2, 14-oz. cans Swanson’s® Chicken Broth
    •2 cup(s) water
    •2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
    •1 tablespoon garlic, minced
    •4 cup(s) carrots, sliced
    •1 1/2 tsp. salt
    •1 teaspoon black pepper

Cooking directions

1.In large bowl, add ground turkey, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Crumble mixture and add to skillet with diced onions. Brown in skillet over medium heat.

2.In a large pot, combine browned ground turkey mixture, diced tomatoes, corn, chicken broth, water, seasoning, spinach, carrots, salt and pepper. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil.

3.Once mixture is boiling, add ravioli/tortellini to the pot and boil for 3 minutes then decrease heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.

If you add the calories up per serving you'll find they are very low. This is a delicious soup.
    The original recipe called for ground beef. I changed it to ground turkey and have made it that way twice.
  • Cheesecake_girl
    Options
    I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. We love this meal and eat it almost every other week.

Chinese Goulash

1lb ground turkey
    1 medium onion coarsely cut up
    8oz sliced fresh mushrooms
    1 cup fresh broccoli pieces
    1 bag shredded cabbage (cole slaw mix)
    1 beef gravy packet
    1cup of water
    soy sauce to taste

Cook the ground turkey and onion in a large skillet. Once meat is fully cooked, add mushrooms and broccoli. Keep stirring so that it does not stick to pan. After mushrooms and broccoli look cooked (3mins), add shredded cabbage, gravy packet and water. Allow mixture to cook down. I serve this with brown rice. However, many times my husband will skip the rice and just eat the goulash.
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I substitute ground turkey in any recipe calling for ground beef. Tonight we are having spaghetti. The only thing I am not a fan of is ground turkey meatloaf.
  • wthrs4
    wthrs4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump for later tonight.
  • lucy2808
    lucy2808 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Turkey & Veg sloppy Joes

1 package of lean ground turkey, browned +
    1/2 cup barbeque sauce
    1/2 cup chopped carrots ( small )
    2 big stalks of celery, chopped small
    most of an onion
    a few cloves of minced garlic
    1 large pepper, chopped small
    1 can of lentils, drained and rinsed.

brown the turkey, then add everything else. the veg will give off lots of liquid, then let it all reduce until tender crisp. YUM
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use it to make nachos, chili and pasta sauces.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    stuffed peppers!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Stuffed-Peppers-4/

just use the turkey instead of the ground beef. so good! i'm making them thursday. =)
  • rockonerin
    Options
    bump!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I use ground chicken to make chili: 3 lbs perdue ground chicken, (2) cans light kidney beans, (2) large cans pureed tomatoes, (1) regular can chopped tomatoes (2) pkgs great value mild chili seasoning. Cook the chicken with (3) tbls chopped garlic. Add cooked chicken and rest of ingredients to 5 qt crockpot and cook on low 3 - 4 hours or longer.......depending on your dinner time. This makes 20 (1) cup servings at about 187 calories per cup.:bigsmile:
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My hubby raves about this one! You can use ground chicken, but I've always used ground turkey.

http://joelens.blogspot.com/2010/06/chicken-parmesan-meatloaf.html
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    any recipe that calls for ground beef... we love ground turkey

meatloaf
    meat sauce for pasta
    sloppy joes
    tacos
    enchiladas
    chili
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm having turkey vegetable soup for dinner tonight.

1 lb of ground turkey (seasoned, browned and drained)
    Canned or fresh veggies of your choice ( I use corn, green beans, carrots, onions, peas, and potatoes)
    1 small can of tomato paste (I don't like tomatoes so I don't use them in the soup, but typically it is tomato based)
    Put it all in a pot or crock pot, add some water, and let it simmer for at least an hour until the water thickens up

Super yummy and super easy
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. We love this meal and eat it almost every other week.

Chinese Goulash

I like the looks of this recipe -will give it a whirl some weekend.
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    Greek Turkey burgers

1 1/3 pounds ground turkey breast
    1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
    1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
    1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 teaspoon lemon zest
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup grated English cucumber
    1 (6-oz.) container fat-free Greek yogurt
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint 1/2 teaspoon salt
    lettuce leaves, tomato slices, thinly sliced cucumber

1. Stir together first 6 ingredients. Shape mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
    2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
    3. Stir together cucumber, yogurt, mint, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Serve with cucumber sauce and desired toppings. Garnish, if desired
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Tacos! Just follow the seasoning packet directions and sub turkey for beef.

Check out my recipe for Taco Salad with ground turkey....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/488271-taco-salad-with-homemade-taco-sauce

My homemade taco sauce has 70-75% less sodium than those premade taco seasoning packets which have 330-400 mg of sodium per serving and 1200 mg per packet.

Not only that, but the sauce is tastier and not as bland.

You can also make spaghetti with whole grain spaghetti noodles and low sodium sauce.

You can make meatloaf.

Enchiladas (spray the bottom of a pan with cooking spray, layer mission small white corn tortillas, layer ground turkey seasoned with enchilada sauce and cooked with diced red onions , layer of tortillas and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sliced olives, and chopped jalapeno pepper. Cook in oven at 425 for 15 mins or until the cheese starts to brown)

Sloppy Joes (follow insttructions on Manwich can)

Stir Fry (season meat with 1/4 tsp chinese five spice and 2 tsp soy sauce, cook then add in bag of frozen stir fry vegetable mix and another 2 tsp soy sauce, layer on top of whole grain rice)

Homemade egg rolls (sorry you have to find a recipe, not giving out my mom's LOL)

Hope this helps.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey and green chile. It's delicious!

I also use it in turkey chili that I make in a croc-pot. I just add whatever vegetables I have on hand and sometimes cook it with lentils instead of traditional kidney beans.

Pretty much anything that you would put hamburger beef in you can use turkey.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump :wink: