I don't know what to have for dinner ...

Options
I'm feeling lazy and can't decide what I want for dinner. I have plenty (possibly too many) calories left ... what are y'all having?

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling lazy and can't decide what I want for dinner. I have plenty (possibly too many) calories left ... what are y'all having?
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Lentil soup with a salad and a fruit salad.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    No clue- Im not really hungry - Will sit here and think about it :smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im having an egg white omelette and a 1/2 cup of strawberries
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Whenever I don't feel like cooking we have breakfast for dinner.

Eggs & toast are super easy to cook in any way shape or form - ham steaks are low fat, center cut bacon isn't too bad if you don't eat much - brown 'n serve turkey sausages are only 110 calories for 3 links!

There's so much simple variety with breakfast food that you can cook in less than 10 minutes - everything from sandwiches to omelets filled with those meats or even veggies and lowfat cheese!
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    round steak...roasted garlic mash potatoes...and black eye peas
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    round steak...roasted garlic mash potatoes...and black eye peas
    OOOOOOHHHHH that sounds gooooooooood
  • Pocketangel
    Options
    I am trying the honey brushed chicken thighs recipe.. only.. I am using chicken breast tenders.. not sure what sides to have with it....
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    as many vegetables as i can find dumped in a pan with a bit of chicken broth, mixing that with a few ounces store-bought stir fry sauce, all on brown rice. :smile:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Mmmm that all sounds so good! I love new dinner ideas :smile:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I just had an A&W Mozza Burger, Root Beer & Onion rings :blushing:

In my defence though, it was the first thing I have eaten all day (VERY bad day) and I'm on my way to my midterm in 30 minutes. AND I'm still under on my daily calories by 136.

Hope your choice is healthier than mine was!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    When all else fails and you're exhausted, cereal works! :wink: :laugh:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options

I actually heard about this lady that lost over 100lbs eating dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. She said it really worked. We might be on to something here :bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Strawberry fruit on the bottom yogurt, 2 baked center cut pork chops drizzled with soy sauce and stir fried collard greens.
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bbq pork on a lite bun with ff coleslaw, baked beans, and roasted asparagus.
  • starfire19752007
    Options
    I had a large salad with mushrooms and a whole wheat turkey sandwich , a cup of harvest select soup and for snack a slim a bear ice cream still havent used all my calories and i have found i can eat alot if i just watch what it is i eat...if you are interested in some of the last few days of examples let me know and i will share them with you ...give you an idea of how i am doing it ...good luck
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options

I actually heard about this lady that lost over 100lbs eating dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. She said it really worked. We might be on to something here :bigsmile:

An old persian quote my grandma always told me (roughly translated):

eat breakfast alone, eat lunch with a friend, and eat dinner with an enemy.

Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day. Eating lunch with a friend means that they you split the food in half. Eating dinner with an enemy means that they'll take all of the food and leave you with very little. Basically, its a long way of saying that breakfast should be your biggest meal and dinner should be your smallest.
  • MissNova
    Options

Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day. Eating lunch with a friend means that they you split the food in half. Eating dinner with an enemy means that they'll take all of the food and leave you with very little. Basically, its a long way of saying that breakfast should be your biggest meal and dinner should be your smallest.

Makes a lot of sense. I should really start doing that to see what happens :bigsmile:
  • MissNova
    Options

Makes a lot of sense. I should really start doing that to see what happens :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am trying the honey brushed chicken thighs recipe.. only.. I am using chicken breast tenders.. not sure what sides to have with it....

This is my family favorite! You'll love it.

I usually roast potatoes in the oven while chicken in in there