JUST SAY NO!!!

Options
I have the worse time saying no to extra eating!!!

So i usually eat dinner around 530 this is to avoid eating after 8 AND to avoid that extra full feeling before bed. but it leaves me with this desire to eat random things late at night. Usually to avoid that I would go to bed, but going to bed at 7 is really not an option

So having the will power to say no is really hard.

Last night i tried to fill up on water so i would snack....i was nervous about having to keep getting up to use the bathroom, but I managed.

Really I am just in need of a huge group of motivaters to keep me going to encourage me....to talk back even!!

so...add me and help me keep on track and i will do the same because it means a lot to me to get my body where i want it

after all THAT WHY I AM HERE...

oh and i need someone to yell at me or give me a plan for strength training. :D PLEZ

Replies

• jessluvscrossfit
    jessluvscrossfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What helps me to stay full at night lately is hot choclate......you can get the diet kind and it still tastes the same. One cup of that and I'm full the rest of the night. Plus, since it's cold outside now it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy (awwww) lol
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as you! And around 7ish I start to getting hunger pains and my husband (who is blessed with a very high metabolism) will just sit there and eat ice cream in front of me or salsa. But somehow I manage to push through the pains and not eat. It sucks : /
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of in the same boat. Why don't you eat a little bit later? Eat a piece of fruit or something around 4, eat dinner around 6:00-6:30, and avoid that hunger later at night, which sounds like legitimate hunger to me (it often is in my case, cuz I eat early often to accommodate my kids' schedules).
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Popcorn.. If you can, get your own kernels and pop it on the stove or with an air-popper. Spritz with a little olive oil spray or even add a little parmesan cheese and rosemary, parsley, or oregano, or garlic powder... it's got fiber to keep you full and low-calorie. Watch out for bagged popcorn, some has trans-fat and others are processed, high fat, high calorie, etc. You can't go wrong with kernels (unless you add a ton of butter!)
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem sometimes. Other times my issue is eating like 1000 calories at one meal and then only 200/250 for all the other meals, which I KNOW is not great for you when you're trying to lose
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    We eat around 6:30 - 7:00. I have a Wasa cracker with some peanut butter before dinner and if I'm wanting an evening snack I'll slice up an apple.
  • tbloor
    tbloor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out and was unfamiliar with strength training I used Body for Life. Check out their website (http://bodyforlife.com/library/exercise/weight-training).
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Have protein shake, they are filling and low cals.
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Seriously, just eat a little later. You don't have to avoid eating after 8:00. Your body doesn't just stop burning calories after 8:00.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I don't really buy into the whole "don't eat after 8 thing". I'm all for not eating a lot but I either work a dessert into my calories or do a workout to earn my dessert. My dessert of choice is a 100 calorie pack of popcorn and a 100 calorie glass of wine (my Riesling is about 100 calories/5 oz glass). Or I'll work really really hard and earn my (estimated) 400 calorie cheesecake. And I usually eat my dessert between 9 pm and 10 pm because I go to bed between 10:30 pm and 11 pm. That way I'm not deprived, get what I want and am not going to bed hungry.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am the worst at late night snacking!!!! When I switched to eating dinner at 6:30 instead of 5:30, I realized that I stayed fuller longer. I also ate slower than I used to and made sure my afternoon snack contained a good amount of fiber. If I'm having a "hungry day" where all I want to do is eat everything in sight, I make me hot tea using a tea infuser.. it's a slow process and makes me chill, but is so comforting!
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    what helps me is a cup of green or Oolong tea. The good ones need no sweetners and both have natural appetite sepressants in them. (Along with a ton of other benefits!) If you don't know where to get good ones, octaviatea.com is where I get all my loose leaf teas. I would suggest Oolong tea before and during dinner, then have green tea if your cravings kick in. Oolong tea will help you fill up faster while eat and also over several days, will help boost your metabolism. Win-win! :smile:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Have protein shake, they are filling and low cals.

^^Yep, I like casein at night right before bed anywhere between 9pm-11pm
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Cravings...are a killer ...I have learned to reserve 2 oz. of protein (b/s chicken, tuna..) IMMEDIATE FIX.:bigsmile:
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    try looking up Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer, it is a 12 week program based on building lean muscle and leaning out. You could at least follow the stregnth routine she has set up.
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't stress about the 8.00 pm timeframe.

My way of dealing with the issue is to have two "courses" for my dinner. The second course is comprised of fruit salad - with perhaps some low-GI yodhurt (depending on my calorie intake for the day).

And sometimes I just sit back and enjoy a coffee - I realise that this should keep me awake at night, but but the time I get to bed I am soooo tired that nothing keeps me awake! :smile:
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    What really helps me is a bowl of oatmeal, some raisins, and a dash of honey. Honey has a chemical that makes you feel sleepy. The oatmeal will feel you up. I always get sleepy when I eat it.
    For summer or when I am craving something cold try some plain yogurt, berries, granola or nuts mixed in to that. The nuts make you chew allot....lol.
    jac
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you're eating later, that's a sign that you should eat dinner later, don't you think? Common sense, really.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Popcorn.. If you can, get your own kernels and pop it on the stove or with an air-popper. Spritz with a little olive oil spray or even add a little parmesan cheese and rosemary, parsley, or oregano, or garlic powder... it's got fiber to keep you full and low-calorie. Watch out for bagged popcorn, some has trans-fat and others are processed, high fat, high calorie, etc. You can't go wrong with kernels (unless you add a ton of butter!)

This!!!

I love popcorn and buy the mini 200 cal bags..it keeps me full and is tasty :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem sometimes. Other times my issue is eating like 1000 calories at one meal and then only 200/250 for all the other meals, which I KNOW is not great for you when you're trying to lose
    Why not? It works for me.