fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-December

Options
124»

Replies

• mmiller83
    Options
    I'm in...I'm 5'4" and about 140 lbs. I want to lose 10 or 15 pounds before my husband and I start trying for a baby. 5 years ago I found out I have an underactive thyroid and since them my weight has gone up and down. I recently stopped take migraine medicine that suppressed my appetite and now have packed on 10 to 15 pounds in 3 to 4 months. I have no motivation to get off my lazy butt and work out, even with a free gym right next door to my place of work. I love food and am addicted to carbs. I've been trying to eat healthy and smaller portion sizes but the weight is not coming off. I've had my thyroid levels checked and they were low so my dose was increased but this extra weight won't budge. I need to get in better shape so when I do get pregnant it won't be a painful experience. I had no core muscles or back strength built up and a large chest that makes my posture horrible...so all around I'm just not happy with my body right now and want to improve myself. Any help or tips on how to get motivated would be awesome!!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies and hello all my fellow old timers. I am a shortie as well. I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 busy busy teens. My current weight is 111. I had met my goal of 100lbs back in April but due to hernia repair surgery in August I wasnt able to workout for a couple of months and then plain and simple I got lazy! So for the new year I am determined to get back to 100lbs with great workouts and running. I am hoping to run the 1/2 marathon again this year altough I'm sure my time will be horrible since I still haven't started training...:frown: I look forward to getting to know everyone and feel free to friend me.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: mmiller, welcome, waiting to get motivated might take a long time.......get out of the chair and walk around the house a bit, then do it again in 30 minutes.....if you're not motivated to go to the gym, start smaller with some walking and add a bit more each day.......spend some time thinking about the long term goals you have and what you need to do to get there.

:bigsmile: babygurl, I've put on a few pounds thanks to lax habits over Thanksgiving:but I am determined to get back to my goal of 110. I have increased my walking and added some strength training and other exercises while watching TV.

:bigsmile: Happy Solstice

:bigsmile: Happy Hanukkah
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    bump in order to post my stats later :D
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2"-5'3" (depending who measures me) and I'm currently 148.2. I would like to get down to anywhere between 120-130. Good luck to all you fellow shorties!!!
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Shorty here! 5'3 and 159 lbs. My heaviest I've been is 172-174 and the lightest I've been (that I can remember) is 152-153. My goal is to get at least to 130, if not a little less. Being this short, every little pound shows!
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Hi all. Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, Kwanza, Yule & Solstice( I know 2 of these have already passed but still, happy holidays).

Rather uneventfull year on the losing weight front. Haven't really lost, haven't really gained, pretty much have stayed the same while bouncing around the same 4 pounds.

I am trying the Sensa diet right ow, I pretty much try a different diet a year, so Sensa is for 2012. I tried the HCG this year, I think it only really works if you don't eat.

Well, on to the week of food and fun.:happy:
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Hope it's not to late to join in!! I'm 4' 9 1/2" cw: 132 gw 118 or at least 120, depending on how I look. I've been stuck at 130 for quite a while now. It can get pretty discouraging when those numbers don't budge...grrrrr.....:)
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 5'1.5". I started here in September at 147 and am now 128.6! My goal is to get to at least 118 with an ultimate goal weight of 114.
    I'm 34 and would LOVE some more friends, especially those who can give advice and/or support on how to get through these last ten pounds :D
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I did it
    today I ordered a heart rate monitor. I got a lot of help from various threads on MFP and some research on the internet. I bought a Polar FT7 in red (I love bright colors). I found it on sale at Amazon with free shipping. I had a coupon for Amazon that had been waiting for a long time to be used so the bottom line was very friendly. What I realized is that I have no idea what my heart rate is except for the last time I went to the doctor when the nurse checked my pulse and I wrote the number down. When I walk the dogs I think my heart rate is elevated but since I’m not talking to anyone I can’t tell and I’m too encumbered to check my pulse myself. I’ll let you know how I like it.

:flowerforyou: I heard a woman on the radio yesterday say that she was still so full from eating Christmas Day that all she brought for lunch was a salad. That is a phenomenon that makes no sense to me. If I ate too much yesterday I’d be wanting more of the same today, rather than less. Clearly, that’s what makes me bodily and different from my fellows, therefore in need of everything I’ve learned on MFP.

:drinker: The holiday eating is behind me until Friday when I go to the 15th birthday party for my friend’s dog. LOL I did an Isagenix cleanse yesterday to help me get back on track. The dogs have been walked for two hours, yoga and 100 squats are done, and I may do a workout video before I go to bed.

:drinker: I hope everyone is getting back on track……someone said that it’s not what you eat between Thanksgiving and Christmas that will get you, it’s what you eat from Christmas to Thanksgiving. So let’s all start our healthy eating and exercise and be at our goals by the holidays in 2012.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

December goals:
    *keep walking the dogs for at least an hour every morning no matter how cold, wet, or snowy.
    * do yoga five days a week

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If I may join you wonderful ladies

I am 42, mom of 3, happily married on most days for 19 years

5'2" 140 pounds, looking to be 120 or lower

Biked the most ever in one day yesterday, 26.53 miles

I use my trampoline a lot

Being short, not allocated much calories, realized I just need to be on my feet all day to get a nice burn

Sonal
  • Sanvita58
    Sanvita58 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello all....I am 36 --- 5.4 and 140 pounds....really want to lose that last 10 pounds which seems to be the most difficult thing...I am running/walking every day for 45 minutes....need to know how to get down to 130....
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    bump for later stats!
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Greetings, My name is Rosie and I am 5"1, current weight is 108.4 and hoping to nail 100, by next year!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

First off, my apologizes for being an absent member for the past several months. I blame my Ipad app. lol

Here is the link to the forum for January:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/431398-fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-january-2012

Welcome to all the new posters! You have joined by posting here.

For 2012 I am going to go back to my laptop for posting and checking the forums. I have missed the motivation I find in our group.

May everone have a safe and Happy New Year's Eve and may 2012 be a successful year for all of us.

Jeannie
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    bump