Protein after workouts

Options
I know its healthy to have some protein after workouts, but with my work schedule I dont usually get to workout until 11-11:30 at night, and I know its better to not eat after 9pm. So my question is should I still eat something with protein in it, even if its that late or should I skip it? Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should be eating for protein that late that would be awesome!!

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating after 9pm or anytime for that matter. So if you want to get some protein in after your workout it's fine. Anything from a protein shake, to chicken to cottage cheese would be a decent source of protein
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If you haven't meet your protein goal, go ahead. It will help your recovery.
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you haven't meet your protein goal, go ahead. It will help your recovery.

^ best recovery for muscle building :) I always have a protein shake after my workout.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating after 9pm or anytime for that matter. So if you want to get some protein in after your workout it's fine. Anything from a protein shake, to chicken to cottage cheese would be a decent source of protein

Exactly this!