Not losing anymore.....

Options
Anyone that has info.. I would appricate it..... I started dieting about 2 weeks before finding MFP... I had lost 5 lbs then I have lost 6 more lbs w/ MFP... Dieting for 2 months now! For the last week i have NOT lost any weight... staying within my calories... I just started measuring myself, so I can't tell yet if that has changed any.. Thanks....

Replies

• v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    One week of not losing anything is really nothing to worry about. During the weight loss journey, that is going to happen more often than you'd care to see. It's important that you don't let it get you down. Keep doing what your doing. Sometimes changing up your calorie intake can make a difference but the main thing is to give it time. Your body just needs to get used to the dieting idea.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You're not going to lose every single week. Some weeks you'll lose more than others, and some weeks you won't lose at all.

Also, if I have a big loss week - 2 or 2.5 pounds, the following week I never lose anything. It's the overall trend of the long term to keep in mind.

Water is almost always the short-tem culprit. High Sodium intake, Aunt Irma, the day after a hard workout, etc. They're water dams. So drink lots of water to flush it out and keep the sodium in decent range. I skip weighing during time of the month too. No point discouraging myself.

Think of all those biggest loser people who are completely busting their *kitten* in the gym and eating right and they still have a no-loss or even a gain week ever once in a while. That's just the way it works.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    the biggest loser thing..... Very Good Point!!!! :smooched:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I learned earlier on my journey not to sweat small weight fluctuations in a short time period. They happen for many reasons. For example, after 7 straight weeks of losing, I gained 0.2 pounds each of the last two weeks. I know the potential reasons for this and I don't sweat it. I know I've been doing good and I'm just going to keep doing good. At some point, my body will be ready to dump some more weight again. Until then, I know I'm making myself healthier every day and that's a WIN for me :)
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You are going to have weeks like that and possibly even weeks that you gain when you are doing everything right. It will all even out in the end. Best advice: Weigh in as little as possible if you are doing all the right things.

I've personally lost 87 lbs and I've been in a stall for almost a month. I've increased my workouts and my protein and really tried hard, but it isn't coming off. I did expect this after steadily losing for eight months, but its hard to stomach because I only have 13 lbs to go and have consistently been losing 7-10 pounds a month. I have faith it will come off - yours too!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Good advice! I can see a two pound gain after a week of intense weight lifting and also during the pms week.
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, guess I didn't look @ it like that... I guess after 10 pds n little over a month... I should have known it... I will keep on keeping on.. :-) I guess cause I can't tell yet & then no weight loss, I was thinking to much about it.. Love MFP family! :love:
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Your goals look alot like mian... How long has it took u to lose that much weight?? That is awesome!!!!