SO and myths?

Does your significant other believe all the crazy diet myths that we all know and bust?

I know my boyfriend does! He is a semipro hockey player that lifts.
He is the guy slamming his giant monster milk protein shake as we drive home from the gym.
He does curls and the same 5 upper body lifts every time we go to the gym
He thinks he is losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time
When we look at nutrition facts he looks for fats because "fats make you fat"
He tries not to eat before bed because it will all turn to fat since it doesn't digest.

I try to tell him different and show him articles, but he doesn't believe a word i say because.... his personal trainer for hockey tells him different. Lol!! What a goober :] I love him to death but sometimes I gotta laugh

Does yours do the same?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    No and if she did I'd be like WOMAN MAKE ME SOME PIE.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Yes he does
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    No, thank goodness! My husband is a PE and Health teacher, so he actually stays pretty current on all the research surrounding nutrition and exercise...not to mention, he knows the stages of pregnancy better than most women! :laugh:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    No and if she did I'd be like WOMAN MAKE ME SOME PIE.

mmm. pie

My wife is pretty good with her nutrition knowledge, but her family has no clue.
  • Can I try that on him? Just glare at him and say PIE NOW. xD
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    My poor hubby cant gain weight to save his life no matter what he tries. :( so sad that i wish the myths were turn. otherwise id stuff my hubby and send him to bed. lol
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Mine thinks saturated fat is the ultimate of all evil things and that fat-free candies like skittles are good for him.

He also think it's a good idea to compare his old lifting abilities to my current one. No dear, when I brag that I just squatted 100+ pounds it is NOT a good idea to tell me you USED to be able to do 250.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    :laugh: ....my husband told me last night to lift lighter weights for a lot of reps. Once he told me to eat grapefruit to lose weight. I could probably think of more. He thinks he's an expert just because he wrestled in high school....:grumble:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Can I try that on him? Just glare at him and say PIE NOW. xD

Or pet his head and tell him he's pretty.
  • Mine thinks saturated fat is the ultimate of all evil things and that fat-free candies like skittles are good for him.

He also think it's a good idea to compare his old lifting abilities to my current one. No dear, when I brag that I just squatted 100+ pounds it is NOT a good idea to tell me you USED to be able to do 250.

Mine is the same way with the fat! Hotamales are better for you then almonds :P Good thing i like the candies tho, so i dont complain much xD haha

He has had too many surgeries and can't do squats/deads/ and leg work but also compares what he used to do a few years ago xD I just let him shine haha
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    My boyfriend tried to convince me he was getting his produce in by eating vegetarian corndogs and meatless burgers. Uhm. Ok honey lol
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Mine recommended I use light weight and many reps to get "toned" arms haha - I've since disproven him lifting heavy, but he STILL maintains that light weights and many reps will just make you 'tone' and not 'build up muscle'

Sigh :-P

He may kill me in his 4:40 mile, but I totally doubled his pushups last weekend (he could get 15 consecutive and I got 30 of strict military pushups). I would NEVER tell our real life friends... but it's okay here, right?

Oh yeah - and my arms have gotten SMALLER and more toned since I started heavy weights. Glad my smaller more toned arms were stronger hehe
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Mine believes whatever I tell him. He's a good boy.

:wink:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,794 Member

LOL You can try, but I wouldn't bet on it doing any good!:laugh:
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Mine believes whatever I tell him. He's a good boy.

:wink:

Mine too :)
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member

Has he not read the research that this kind of bragging could get him killed? Or at least no sammiches for a while? :laugh:
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    [/quote]

Or pet his head and tell him he's pretty.
    [/quote]

That is sooooo going down! lol
  • Can I try that on him? Just glare at him and say PIE NOW. xD

Okay maybe ill try Rachels approach..

Pet his head, tell him he is pretty, but THEN bat eyelashes and demand pie xD
  • Mine recommended I use light weight and many reps to get "toned" arms haha - I've since disproven him lifting heavy, but he STILL maintains that light weights and many reps will just make you 'tone' and not 'build up muscle'

Sigh :-P

He may kill me in his 4:40 mile, but I totally doubled his pushups last weekend (he could get 15 consecutive and I got 30 of strict military pushups). I would NEVER tell our real life friends... but it's okay here, right?

Oh yeah - and my arms have gotten SMALLER and more toned since I started heavy weights. Glad my smaller more toned arms were stronger hehe

That is awesome!! We are going to have to have a push up challenge when I visit and he is recovered from surgery xD I wanna know!!

Luckily he knows lifting heavy is the way to go with women. All tho he thinks if I do push press,bench, flys or any sort of chest exercise my boobs will shrink LOL
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,794 Member

Okay maybe ill try Rachels approach..

Pet his head, tell him he is pretty, but THEN bat eyelashes and demand pie xD

Lol I have got to try this on my husband! Thanks ladies!