To Distracted?

"It is a sign of a dull nature to occupy oneself deeply in matters that concern the body; for instance, to be over much occupied about exercise, about eating and drinking, about easing oneself, about sexual intercourse." DB

What do you do when deeper enigmatic and sometimes melancholy thinking has monopolized all your thoughts? When a large percentage of your emotions and energy are spent on these?

At the current moment I have so much on my mind, I feel my focus on health and fitness suffer. How do you share your mental resources between everything? I don't want to backslide. I think balance is the best answer, but I'm not very good at shutting my mind off.

Maybe its a phase, maybe it will pass. But I don't want to put my physical goals on pause until it dissipates.

*sigh*

open to suggestions. i think i lack focus. maybe its the bi-po/man-dep. or add. idk. i'm not on meds. maybe i should be.

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    my healthy lifestyle journey has been such a positive force in my life this year.....a lot of times I draw upon that positive for strength when other crap is going on. even if I have a few bad days, I try to get back into exercise and eating right QUICKLY because I know it helps me feel better about other things when I have the endorphins going on and I'm not bogged down by excess sugar/salt.
  • peachyolives
    peachyolives Posts: 46 Member
    I feel your pain. Unfortunately, I don't have any good solutions. I'm actually in one of those backslides right now. I've been having serious issues sticking with any sort of reasonable eating for the last week or two. So much so that I'm gaining weight back! I know there must be some sort of psychological issues at play that I'm unaware of, but I haven't yet figured out how to get past them and find that elusive motivation I had for so long.

If you figure it out, let me know!

Best of luck!