FROZEN mixed nuts

Options
I don't know about you guys, but I love to munch. I would much rather have a bowl of popcorn that lasts me for an hour than eat a real meal. I have a million "tricks". I was watching the cooking show the other day and Rachael Ray was on. She was going to add almonds to something and she reached into the freezer for them. She explained that the natural oils in nuts can go bad and a good way to slow that process down is by freezing them.

I tossed my canister of mixed nuts in the freezer, and I can't tell you how much tastier they are! I don't know why... maybe they're a little crunchier or something. I still only have one serving, but they are so good!

Replies

• katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but I love to munch. I would much rather have a bowl of popcorn that lasts me for an hour than eat a real meal. I have a million "tricks". I was watching the cooking show the other day and Rachael Ray was on. She was going to add almonds to something and she reached into the freezer for them. She explained that the natural oils in nuts can go bad and a good way to slow that process down is by freezing them.

I tossed my canister of mixed nuts in the freezer, and I can't tell you how much tastier they are! I don't know why... maybe they're a little crunchier or something. I still only have one serving, but they are so good!
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Do you thaw them before you eat them?:smile:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Nope, just eat them frozen. They are SO GOOD! I just had a serving and had to slap my own hand to stop from eating more than I should.:happy:
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    lol, Thanks. Cool! haha BTW, I love your glasses, my daughter has a pair just like that all picked out for when she gets her next 'script.