Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HELP!

Add me and help keep me motivated, please! I've gotten so off track and need an extra push (or 10) to get back at this. You know you wanna...

Replies

• Believe in yourself and you can do it! You've gotten this far, you can go all the way. I know trying to lose weight sucks, but gaining your success back sucks worse - trust me.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Good Luck ;D
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Try switchin up the exercise for a while that might work
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    only you can keep you motivated. those young army and marine corps recruits don't make it through boot camp because of their drill instructors being in their faces; they make it through because they want to make it through.
  • baileybutton
    baileybutton Posts: 45 Member
    ^ to be honest, I think your comment just gave me the motivation I needed. Not sure if that was your intention or not, but thanks.
  • These last 2 months of the year puts a test to everyone's motivation. It's cold outside, holiday goodies are everywhere and its' so easy to give yourself a reason to "cheat". But you have to stay focused. Find some new things to do to motivate you. I know when I bought a pedometer it excited me to try to obtain numbers, everytime I start a new fitness class (ie, zumba, jazzercise, kickboxing, etc.) I get excited a find a little more motivation. Also find a workout buddy, someone to hold you accountable, someone you wouldn't want to disappoint by not showing up. You have to find a way to motivate yourself, no one else can do it for you, it is hard, but I gaurantee results if you hang in there. I've been doing this new healthy living thing since March and sometimes I just want to live "normal" again, but when look back at pictures of me almost 50 pounds heavier, I know it's not worth. It is hard, but I promise you it can really pay off.

GOOD LUCK.....and hang in there. Btw, I sent you a friend request

8003386.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Esmo23
    Esmo23 Posts: 32
    ^ LIKE!!!!!
  • MichaelaaJ
    MichaelaaJ Posts: 79 Member
    Sending a friend request.. I could use some more support as well, I just got started again.. and really trying to hold myself accountable..

Mzpeaches I love what you said! Can I be your friend too? :) heheh

Open to ALL new friends add me if you'd like :)
  • Received and accepted!!! I love to encourage and support others, it really keeps me focused and is my number one motivator!:smile:
  • :smile:
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than but load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.