What to eat when I get my tongue pierced?

Options

Replies

• Alexabarocas
    Options
    Given the reason people get their tongues pierced, I would say popsicles and/or bananas.

That's a bit rude and presumptuous, dont you think?

Anyway, my friend ate sorbet for like a week... not the best choice, but you could also freeze from fruit and nom on that!
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    You should not get your tiongue pierced because it's not 1996 anymore.

Yes.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Also the silver barbell will ruin your teeth..

permanent dent in between my lower front teeth. This is true.

Just sayin'
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Most definitely DO NOT eat anything that crumbles! (Chips, crackers, cookies) Those get down in that piercing and hurt like crazy and you have a hell of a time getting them out. I'm pretty sure I lived on applesauce and yogurt for 2 weeks when I got mine done!!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I did A LOT of crushed ice crunching. I recommend staying on top of the Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours to keep the swelling at bay. Frozen yogurt, sorbet, pudding, milk shakes, yogurt, smoothies, soup are you friends for the first 3-4 days. Also chew SLOW, I can’t tell you how many times I bit the barbell and my tongue all the time due to not being used to having metal in my mouth. Once it’s all healed you should switch to “Bioplast Barbells.” They are easier on the teeth and flexible in your mouth also more comfortable. Hope this helps : )
  • marielladear
    Options
    Given the reason people get their tongues pierced, I would say popsicles and/or bananas.

Good point.

Seriously though, if you are that concerned and nervous about it then why do it?

That's is slightly rudeeee, it's not the reason I'm doing it....
    And I am just that kind of person, I was freaking out before my friend got her belly pierced, I was just there to watch hahahaha! I'm nervous about the pain, but I want it soooo bad! I can't not have it now!

Thanks again to everyone you're helping LOADS!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I remember (it's been a long time) I ate soup and bread. But I don't remember the swelling lasting very long. Maybe a day. I talked really funny for about a week. Popsicles, and cold drinks. The piercer told me to carry a bottle of water diluted listerine and swish many times a day. I was super scared to get it done, but the piercing part was painless. ;) I would advice that you get the plastic balls to save some teeth damage. I miss mine.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I did mine 16 years ago. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because I had very little bleeding and no swelling.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I ate fine after. The only thing you don't want to do is drink coffee and forget you have metal in your tongue. Because it hurts. Lesson learned. And everyone gets it for the same reason and if you are going to get it you should at least admit it, ha. Actually... I didn't get mine for THAT reason!!

I took mine out when I went into the hospital to have my child and never put it back in. It was ugly as hell anyway.
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know I'm old and out of touch, but here's a thought: WHY WOULD YOU PIERCE YOUR TONGUE?!?!?!?

My daughter had hers pierced when she was just 17 and she thought it was really cool, she's now 35 and took the stud out over ten years ago, but she STILL has a slight speech impediment from it. SHE doesn't think so, but I can hear it!
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!:noway:
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't eat pizza. The cheese gets wrapped around the barbel. It's not fun.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ice. It's gonna hurt like a b*tch.

It's a muscle, so if you are completely relaxed it actually doesn't hurt at all.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the negativity and do whatever you want. I can tell you slurpees and icees are great. I had one waiting for me for after I was done, but be smarter than I at 19 and don't have a lemon lime one...it burns like hell lol. Cherry was much better!
  • transparenthappiness
    Options
    soft things, spongy things, umm... pasta, rice, smoothies/shakes, try to avoid things like toast, spicy stuff, hot stuff, hard cereals, basically anything that will cause discomfort because of scratching or burning
  • Tyffany130
    Options
    I ate the same, maybe nothing spicy. Just eat slow. It hurts when you bite down on the ball and it takes a bit to get used to it.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Most covered the eating thing, but piercings do best the longer you let it heal uninterrupted. So leave the bar bell in as long as you can. Another thing that may give you peace of mind is piercings in or around the mouth usually heal faster.
    Good luck don't worry =]
  • megankeglovitz
    megankeglovitz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had my tongur pierced this afternoon, and the woman ay the studio who pierced it said to eat soft foods like icecream, but never said to stay away from other dairy, so of course I just had yogurt. What can I do to prevent a yeast infection???
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I just had my tongur pierced this afternoon, and the woman ay the studio who pierced it said to eat soft foods like icecream, but never said to stay away from other dairy, so of course I just had yogurt. What can I do to prevent a yeast infection???
    Go get yourself some non-iodized sea salt and swish with it. Be sure to take Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours to keep the swelling down. I ate a lot of soft foods like soup, rice pudding and sorbet when I had mine done, swishing after every meal and avoided infection.

As soon as the swelling goes down completely, go in and have your barbell downsized. It lessens the chance that it'll come into contact with your teeth.

And screw the *kitten* that thinks tongue piercings went out in '96. Fascist wanker.
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yeah it only hurts for an hour or so after you get it done. Your tongue swells and you will dribble a lot and you may sound like your slurring.
    I didn't avoid any food really. But I would take it slowly so you get used to the new equipment. I would brush and rinse well after all meals.

Word of warning. Dont put it between your two front teeth and suck on it. It wears your teeth down quicker than you think.