hcg is a sham - federal agencies act to remove hcg products

Options

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Yeah but then they will just say, mine is not over the counter and is doctor recommended......you won't get through

Sadly, they are recommending that users stock up before it can no longer be found.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/414844-fda-taking-action-against-hcg

:noway:

Ugh.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, the FDA will go after the doctors and weight loss clinics that push ANY version of the HCG scam next.

http://www.camlawblog.com/articles/new-regulation/fda-raises-legal-issues-re-use-of-hcg-for-weight-loss

Unlikely. The FDA took YEARS to get this far with the HCG crap.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    2436979_o.gif

Let's at least celebrate this victory.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm 7.5 months pregnant and have plenty of pee. I do accept donations...
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I'm 7.5 months pregnant and have plenty of pee. I do accept donations...
    Well run on over to the HCG group. I'm sure you could ask any amount of money you want. You'll be a multi-millionaire within a week. :laugh:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The FDA doesnt know what they are talking about. HCG is better than sliced bread.

Mmm bread..
  • Tinat1968
    Tinat1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This really has nothing to do with the dangers of hcg and the low calorie diet. It has to do with big $$ drug companies. Educate yourself on the facts.
  • christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It sounds a lot like it has to do with these companies making big money by promoting a product that does not do what they say it does and promoting a very dangerous diet, aren't those the facts?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    This really has nothing to do with the dangers of hcg and the low calorie diet. It has to do with big $$ drug companies. Educate yourself on the facts.
    I have educated myself, using sources like universities and medical professionals, and not sites that sell HCG or an old PDF copy of quack "doctor" Simeons' protocol. I invite you to do the same: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet

Not once, in the scores of HCG threads here, has anyone provided a reputable source saying that HCG can help in weight loss, or that a Very Low Calorie Diet is healthy or sustainable for anyone that is not morbidly obese.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have educated myself, using sources like universities and medical professionals, and not sites that sell HCG or an old PDF copy of quack "doctor" Simeons' protocol. I invite you to do the same: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet

Not once, in the scores of HCG threads here, has anyone provided a reputable source saying that HCG can help in weight loss, or that a Very Low Calorie Diet is healthy or sustainable for anyone that is not morbidly obese.

there will always be a phony study to support these wild claims - as if this gives all 'homeopathic' medicine leverage of some kind.

all you can do is, run them underground where they can treat one another like the rats they are.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

there will always be a phony study to support these wild claims - as if this gives all 'homeopathic' medicine leverage of some kind.

all you can do is, run them underground where they can treat one another like the rats they are.
    Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
  • wokandroll88
    wokandroll88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The FDA makes me laugh. Who cares about HFCS or other stuff (hormones, antibiotics) that is killing us that is put in our food products. FDA doesn't care about anyone's health. They have approved tons of stuff that later lawsuits come out on how many people have some disorder from it. Do they ban that? Of course not. Who cares what the FDA thinks. They are useless.

Edit: I don't use this stuff or anything. I just think it's funny they want to ban this and not some of the other stuff that is sketchy.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    oh sorry, i wasnt paying attention...i got distracted
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Nobody replies because their are maybe 10 of you that hop on every single HCG thread you see ( so do I if I see them ) and you do nothing but beat your theory in to the ground about something you know very little about. Read on and have your opinion, that is cool, but in the "world" I live in, it is "each to their own" and to date, I see no laws saying that any of you have the right to tell me or anyone else how they are allowed to diet. I know very little about such banns but I do know this much, the companies that have been scolded on this has to do with some "wording" on their labels. I am thinking that maybe it has to do with the "fake" HCG out there like at Wal~Mart that has no HCG in it or something real close to that. To me, I would think that if they were banning HCG, they would ban ALL of the sites that sell them, not just what, 7??? They didn't ban ALL of them... sorry. After I hit this little green button below, I am leaving this thread and NOT coming back so all of you can save your attacks for someone else. I know all too well how you all work.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i heard from someone that you shouldn't waste money on birth control while taking this, because it completely voids the BC.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    oh sorry, i wasnt paying attention...i got distracted

lol. Same here.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Who says it's a scam? If I was drinking pregnant lady pee every day it would certainly damp down my appetite. :sick:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Nobody replies because their are maybe 10 of you that hop on every single HCG thread you see ( so do I if I see them ) and you do nothing but beat your theory in to the ground about something you know very little about.
    I've done my homework, and do not need to try it to know that it's a fraud. You can find many of the facts here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet
    Read on and have your opinion, that is cool, but in the "world" I live in, it is "each to their own" and to date, I see no laws saying that any of you have the right to tell me or anyone else how they are allowed to diet.
    I agree. Folks here are expressing their opinion too. Nobody is telling you that you cannot do your thing as you please. The FDA, though, does have the authority to ban the crap.
    I know very little about such banns but I do know this much, the companies that have been scolded on this has to do with some "wording" on their labels. I am thinking that maybe it has to do with the "fake" HCG out there like at Wal~Mart that has no HCG in it or something real close to that. To me, I would think that if they were banning HCG, they would ban ALL of the sites that sell them, not just what, 7??? They didn't ban ALL of them... sorry.
    All of the homeopathic HCG is a phony version of the real deal, which only docs can prescribe. Did you know that? If your doc didn't prescribe it, you're using the "homeopathic" version, like the ones called out by the FDA. As far as all of the thousands of other sellers, I imagine that the crackdown will be coming. It'll be grand!
    After I hit this little green button below, I am leaving this thread and NOT coming back so all of you can save your attacks for someone else. I know all too well how you all work.
    Nobody is attacking individuals. No need to be so sensitive. Folks are criticizing the product, not the folks that fall for it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Nobody replies because their are maybe 10 of you that hop on every single HCG thread you see ( so do I if I see them ) and you do nothing but beat your theory in to the ground about something you know very little about. Read on and have your opinion, that is cool, but in the "world" I live in, it is "each to their own" and to date, I see no laws saying that any of you have the right to tell me or anyone else how they are allowed to diet. I know very little about such banns but I do know this much, the companies that have been scolded on this has to do with some "wording" on their labels. I am thinking that maybe it has to do with the "fake" HCG out there like at Wal~Mart that has no HCG in it or something real close to that. To me, I would think that if they were banning HCG, they would ban ALL of the sites that sell them, not just what, 7??? They didn't ban ALL of them... sorry. After I hit this little green button below, I am leaving this thread and NOT coming back so all of you can save your attacks for someone else. I know all too well how you all work.

There are a lot of us that go into the HCG threads and post factual information (with sited sources). I know I do this, as well as provide the math to back the claims, to provide people another view people and one more piece of information to make an informative decision.

it is just something that many of us have a passion about. In the end of the day, I don't care what people do with their lives. And if they do a program and it screws up their system, I will always help them get back on board as I have never held a grudge against anyone one HCG.

Just some ranting...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Allow me to quote you from another thread....

I think anything outside of just watching our calories and exercising is taking a risk of diet yo~yoing. But, we do it anyway!!!

I rest my case.:smokin:
This discussion has been closed.